Chapter 15

Chapter 15
Fangirls
{ Sungyeon's POV }

After getting discharged, my mother was strangely waiting for me in the house. She even welcomed me with a warm smile. All I could give to her was a cold stare.

"Ahjumma, I want to rest." I said.

But after getting in bed, I heard a knock on the door. "I want to resㅡ"

But mom already came in. "Let's talk."

"Aren't you busy?" I said, turning my back from her.

"I'm sorry, Sungyeon-ah..." I heard her say.

"I'm okay. I didn't die, so I'm okay." I said coldly.

"For not telling you about your real father, I'm really sorry. For treating you unfairly, I'm really sorry." She said.

I swallowed, holding the tears back. I'm so tired of crying. "Please leave if you're done talking."

"I was a coward, Sungyeon. I fell in love with your fatherㅡyour real father, but I was so afraid to lose everything. Everything that I have with my husband, so I abandoned him. After all, it wasn't right. I blamed myself for everything. But then you came..."

"And you put the blame on me." I said as I cried silently.

"Yes, that's true."

One more stab in my heart, I swear I won't be able to take it anymore.

"When you came, whenever I see your face... you remind me of the mistake I made, the mistake that ruined my relationship with my husband, the mistake that made my family stiff and cold... the love that I couldn't have..."

I turned around to face her. "But you were selfish. It wasn't my faultㅡ"

"I know! But... I needed something to blame... I needed it, Sungyeon." She said as a small tear rolled down her cheek.

"And that turned out to be me..." I said.

She suddenly hugged me and I cried more. All these years, I longed for a mother's embrace... but why don't I feel anything right now? I feel numb from all the pain, from all the things that happened.

People... people are always trying to find something or someone to blame, but we barely realize that sometimes the blame is also on us. Sometimes, we know it, but it's just too hard to accept so we keep blaming others anyway. We hurt others so we can liveㅡbut after all, living while putting someone down was not living at all. It's being selfish.

Somehow, I feel like forgiving the father I've known all my life seems easier than forgiving my own mother. Somehow, I understand my father and his actions. Somehow, I still can't forgive my mom's cowardness. It's never easy to forgive or forget, but I will try because I don't want to live forever having a burden in my heart.

I received a message that night from Minhyuk.

I'm outside your house. Will you let me in?

I called the ahjumma to open the door for Minhyuk. He was in my room just after a few minutes.

"Hi!" He greeted.

I smiled, but not completely. "Hey."

"Have you eaten dinner?" He asked.

"I don't have an appetite." I responded.

"Wait, here." He said and left.

I laid down in bed while I wait for him, then I decided to email his sasaeng fan.

To Kang Sojin,

How did I know your name? Ah, my father had you investigated. I could sue you anytime since I have a lot of proof in my hands, but no, I don't want that. I know you just care a lot about Minhyuk that's why you're doing this.

I know how it feels like... seeing the man you loved and adored being with another girl. It kills your heart and your mind. A lot of thoughts kill you. But stay still and trust him.

One day, all of them... those guys we've supported, they will all find the girl that was meant for each of them. Someday, we have to accept the fact that we're just really fangirls after all.

Fangirls are there to support and love, not to cause any harm or pain to the people your idols treasure. We're here to support whatever makes them happy. And if he ever finds the girl he could fall in love with, let's trust him and know that the girl is taking care of him and trying her best to make him happy.

I forgive you, Kang Sojin, although you may never say you're sorry to me. I forgive you but I can never forget what you did.

After I sent the email, Minhyuk came with a tray of food.

"I cooked something quick for you!" He said and smiled.

"I don't want to eat." I said.

He caressed my hair. "Come on, just eat a little, okay?"

I smiled. "Okay."

He fed me and I ended up eating everything he prepared. He giggled at the end and kissed my forehead. "You better get well soon." He said.

"Why?"

"Just because."

We both laughed for nothing. He helped me go to the bathroom. He even brushed my hair after in front of the mirror.

"How come you're still pretty even when you're sick?" He asked, smiling.

I frowned. "Don't lie!"

"It's true." He said pouting.

I turned to him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. My eyes widened of what I did. What the hell, Sungyeon...

"Ya... what was that?" He asked. His eyes were smiling.

I stood up. "I-I'm going to sleep." I almost tripped on the floor but I kept walking.

He let out a chuckle and helped me get to bed. He put me there like a child and tucked me inside the blanket.

"Good night, beautiful." He said and kissed my forehead, then gently, he kissed my lips. I felt something punching my heart and something is dancing in my stomach. "Dream of me." He added.

I frowned and covered my face, then I heard him laugh, making me smile after a tiring day.

#

I was surprised to see Minhyuk beside me the next day, but then I ended up smiling. Woah, I'm even waking up beside him now... or am I dreaming?

I smiled while staring at his handsome and peaceful sleeping face.

"That's illegal." He suddenly said in a sleepy voice. He opened his right eye and looked at me. "Illegal things need punishment." He said.

"Like what?" I asked frowning.

"Like a morning kiss." He said smiling.

I frowned even more to avoid myself from giggling. "Ya, who told you to sleep here?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry, I fell asleep while watching you sleep."

"You're creepy." I said, but my heart is about to explode.

"You would've done the same thing!" He said, pouting.

I smiled as he pulled me in. We were so close that it was hard to breathe. "It's nice waking up with you in the morning." He said, smiling.

I smiled again, then he brushed the tip of his nose on mine before he kissed it.

"Minhyuk oppa..." I called.

"Yes?"

"Go brush your teeth! You smell!" I said frowning.

"Yaaaaaah! You, too!" He said.

We both laughed and ran to the bathroom.

--

A/N:

Thanks for voting and commenting. Thank you so much! ;)

Epilogue coming! XD