Part 11

Part 11

The Next Morning

Chanel's POV

"Yo, can you believe we having two concerts this summer? We on boss shit nigga. Two concerts in two different states." I said.

"Nigga, we on a train to New York. If you was really bossin' we'd be on a plane." Rachel said killing my vibe. "Now get the fuck out my ear. It's too early."

Okay, it's like six in the morning but damn she being a buzz kill. I'm hype and she sleep.

"I'm telling my mama you cussed me out." I said.

"I don't care." She said. "Why you gotta be a snitch though?"

I laughed and put my beats on.

A couple hours later we arrived at Penn station and took a cab to Power 105 to have an interview with the Oprah of Hip Hop. Ms. Angie Martinez.

We got to the building and we both yawned walking in the building.

"Uhm, excuse me." The girl said and looked us up and down. "Who are you here to see?"

Did she just look at my like I wasn't shit? Oh, I am humble but girl.

"We have an interview with Angie Martinez." Rachel said.

"Well y'all can wait right there."

"Well I was told to come straight up so that's where we will be going." I said.

"You can't-"

"Hi I'm Chanel Carter, nice to meet you." I said holding out my hand for her to shake.

Her mouth dropped a bit. Yes, daughter of who?

"Nice to meet you too, bye bye." I said and went to the elevator.

Rachel followed me and when she stepped on she raised her sun glasses.

"She tried it." She said.

"And did not succeed." I said. "How she gonna say we can't come up here when we have an interview."

"Exactly and she was looking at us like we found our clothes in a dumpster." She said. "This is Victoria Secret Pink bitch."

I busted out laughing.

"She didn't have to look at us like that though." I said.

We got off the elevator and met with the station manager and then he lead us to where Angie was.

"Chanel, Rachel." She said when she saw us.

We smiled and went to hug her.

"Have a sit." She said.

We sat down and put on the headphones.

"New York! Their here." She said and we laughed. "How you guys been?"

"We been good." I said.

"You just got off the plane?" She asked.

"The train." Rachel said.

"The train?"

"Listen, that's my bad." I said. "I thought it was a good idea at the time."

"Bad idea." Rachel said.

"So, you guys are here to talk about your annual concert." Angie said.

"Yes, but this time there will also be a concert in L.A."

"Really? Who's headlining?" She asked.

"J.Cole will be headlining the New York show and Kendrick Lamar will headline the L.A show." Rachel said.