Part 34

Chanel's POV

"Why mommy call us in here?" Ciera asked sitting next to me on the couch in the den.

"I don't know." I said shrugging.

"You think it's about where we're going for thanksgiving?"

"As long as there's food I don't care where we go." I said.

Soon my mom walked in with Blue and Andre and told them to sit down.

"So..." I started as she sat down.

"Wait." Ciera said. "I didn't do it."

"Do what?" My mom asked.

"Whatever you think has been done." Ciera said slowly and I laughed.

My mom rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, we're gonna be taking a little vacation." She said.

"Like a week?" I asked.

"A couple." She said.

"Are we moving again?" Ciera asked.

"No, we're just gonna be in New Orleans for about two or three months." She said.

"Two or three months? Why? What about school? What about Andre and Blue? What about-" I said but she put her hand up to stop me.

"You'll be finishing your classes here but everyone else has tutors." She said.

"How you just gonna say Andre gonna have a tutor?" I asked. "What if I didn't want him to go? What if I want him to stay with me?"

"So you don't wanna go?" She asked.

"How I'm gonna go? I got classes to finish."

"So you not gonna come to New Orleans during your winter break?" She asked.

"I didn't say that, I'm just saying you could've asked instead of telling me to move my child. I'm twenty-one, I can take care of myself and my child."

"So where will you be staying?" She asked.

"Uhm, I'd figure it out." I said.

She just looked at me and took a deep breath.

"Chanel, would you like to come stay in New Orleans during your winter break and would you mind if Andre went with us now?" She asked.

"Really ma?"

"What? I asked." She said.

I sighed and got up.

"Whatever." I mumbled and went upstairs to my room.

She's not in charge of Andre, I am. She's always trying to make plans and shit without discussing it with me. I get she be wanting to help but have some type of communication with me. What the hell she wanna go to New Orleans for anyway?

I laid on my bed looking up at the ceiling trying to think of what I'm gonna do.

"Chanel." I heard as my door opened.

I rolled my eyes knowing my mom was standing there.

"Look, I get why your mad. I was just trying to help you out while you were in school." She said.

I rolled over to really look at her.

"Ma, you just made plans with my child like we couldn't communicate about what was happening." I said. "You're talking about taking Andre for two or three months."

"It would only be a month until you start winter break." She said.

I shook my head.

"Nah, he ain't going. He staying with me."