Part 46

June

Chanel's POV

"They be on that hate S***, I peep tho

"They be on that hate S***, I peep tho.  My brother told me f*** 'em, get that money sis. You just keep on grinding on ya hungry s***. Ignore the hating, ignore the faking, ignore the funny s***." I rapped as my mom finished up my hair.

Of course I censored myself, I ain't crazy.

Graduation done came and gone. Honestly it was cool and a great accomplishment but I personally wasn't as excited as I thought I'd be. I was just happy to be done, Rachel too. Now our music is full time. We're a couple days away from dropping our EP.

"What is this?" My mom asked referring to the music.

"Young M.A, from New York. Rel sent it to me." I said.

She nodded.

My mom is on a mini break right now and when I say mini, that's what I mean. Only two weeks.

"Hold still." She said and I groaned. This was taking forever.

"Are you and Rachel ready for the listening party?" She asked.

"As ready as we'll ever be." I said. "I just hope people like it. It's not necessarily a whole theme. Just something to show our ability."

"Trust me, from what I heard they'll love it." She said.

After another half an hour my mom finally finished my hair.

"Alright, get up and get away." She said and I laughed.

"Hey, you offered." I said getting up and going towards her bathroom.

I checked out my cornrows. I swear if my mom wasn't a singer, hair would be her world.

"Aye." I said walking back into her room. "When you finish this singing thing you might wanna open a salon."

She laughed but I was dead ass. I got my phone out to snap.

"Y'all see my hair? Done by the one and only. My mama." I said and then sat by her to get a vid with both of us. I smiled while she straight faced me.

The time ended and I posted it.

"You don't ever want to get on Snap." I said shaking my head. "Ray got Godmommy on it and she loves it."

"That's cause you love to snap when no one is ready." She said. "All in my face, close as hell."

"Auntie zooms in super close." I said.

"I know, you've shown me." She said dryly.

"We gonna get you a snap with a false name and it's gonna be private and only for family." I said.

"Yeah, okay." She said.

"Can we go get some lunch now?" I asked putting my phone down.

"Go get your sister and brother." She said and I went to do that.