Bonus Chapter: Chanel's 23rd Birthday

February 4th

Chanel stood in the booth after hearing her final take. She nodded to what she was hearing.

"Okay, its good." She said nodding and took off the headphones.

She walked out of the booth and sat next to Rachel.

"I'm tired." Chanel said yawning.

"True shit. When we gonna get to release this album?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know anymore. I talked to my dad and he was very blah blah blah cause we still riding off the EP." I said.

"Ughhh. Maybe we should've stayed independent." She said.

"If we did we wouldn't have this bomb ass in home studio." Chanel said looking around.

They've been living in their house for about six months. It was a cute four bedroom town house. They didn't want to really worry about a yard so a townhouse was the way to go. They liked being on their own. They lived near their friend Zendaya and not too far from Chanel's parents.

"So you ready?" Rachel asked.

"For what?" Chanel asked confused.

"For your birthday!" Rachel yelled and then the door bust open.

"Surprise!"

Chanel looked and Damien, Vince, Zendaya, and Keke bust through the door.

"Uh, wow, okay." Chanel said.

"Really? That's what we get?" Zendaya asked holding cupcakes.

"I'm sorry y'all I'm tired but I'm happy. I promise." She said smiling. "Ohhh, cupcakes."

Chanel smiled and was given a bottle of patron from Damien.

"Thanks bro." She said.

Chanel sat beside Vince on the couch and kissed him.

"Twenty-three, how does it feel?"

"Same as twenty-two." She said leaning on his shoulder.

"Aye, enough of that lovey dovey shit. Save that for later." Keke said. "Let's get some shots."

Chanel smiled and they started taking shot excluding Vince who didn't drink. Chanel thought it was a cute way to bring in her birthday.

***
"Yes, I know." Beyoncé said entering the house.

She went towards the kitchen while she was on the phone.

"Yeah, she just wants a relaxing day mama. You know they just got back from Europe a few days ago." She said. "Yeah, I know. We'll see you later."

Beyoncé hung up the phone and started going through the fridge. She heard foot steps and looked up.

Vince was startled a bit seeing Beyoncé.

"Uh, Hi Ms. Beyoncé." He said.

"Hi, Vince."

"Uhm, I guess I'll see you later." He said.

"Yep, see ya." She said smiling.

He awkwardly left and Beyoncé laughed to herself. She learned a few months back that walking into Chanel and Rachel's home she would come across Vince leaving early in the morning. Her child was grown and responsible so if she wanted her boyfriend over what could she do? It wasn't her house.

She got food out to make breakfast. She wanted to cook for her daughter and whoever else may be in the house.

***
Rachel stirred in her spot in the living room on the couch. She swore she smelled bacon. She lifted up a bit and saw Zendaya, Keke, and Chanel still asleep.