Part 17

Part 17

Chanel's POV

I stood in the kitchen waiting for my parents. I cooked dinner and everyone already ate so it was just them left.

I saw them walk towards the entrance of the kitchen and they stopped. I smiled.

"What do you want?" My mom asked.

I stopped smiling.

"What do you mean? I can't cook dinner?" I asked.

"Do we get to eat while you talk?" My dad asked.

I nodded smiling. He shrugged and walked over and my mom rolled eyes but walked over. They sat down and I poured them some wine.

"Oh god, you broke out the wine." She said.

"Don't worry. You're gonna love this." I said.

"What have you prepared for us?" My dad asked.

"Stuffed salmon with asparagus and mashed sweet potatoes." I said smiling.

"Alright." My dad said digging in and then pointed towards me. "Go ahead."

"Okay, so Lorraine Schwartz called me the other day and we talked about some jewelry."

"Am I purchasing something?" My dad asked.

"No." I said. "Anyway we were talking and I thought about coming out with my own line of affordable jewelry for teenagers."

"I'm listening." My mom said.

"Okay." I said. "Well you know how much jewelry is and I wanted to make it more affordable for teenagers."

"What kind of pieces?" My mom asked.

"I'm glad you asked." I said and grabbed my iPad. "Now these are just a couple pieces I put together with Lorraine."

My parents looked over at them while they ate and then both their phones went off. They both checked and I just stood there waiting. They in a group chat or something?

"You saw that?" My mom asked my dad.

He nodded and went back to eating.

"Didn't open it though but I figured you would." He said smiling.

My mom rolled her eyes.

"Ciera!" She yelled.

"Uhm, what about my presentation?" I said.

"Just a second." My mom said.

I sighed and sat down. Ciera came over to the table.

"Yes?"

My mom looked over and grabbed her phone.

"Thank you." My mom said.

"Huh?"

"Why were you fighting today?"

"Huh? I wasn't."

Oh shit, I'll hold my presentation for this.

"You lying?" My mom asked.

Mind you my dad is just eating like nothing is happening. I'm paying more attention then him.

I looked at Ciera and I could tell she lying. Man oh man.

"Well since you wanna lie you can go upstairs and wait for me or your dad. Whoever finishes dinner first. Goodbye."

Ciera looked so sad and caught off guard walking away. She getting that ass whooped tonight.

My mom looked at me.