Chapter One || It All Began With A Dare

C h a p t e r O n e || I t A l l B e g a n W i t h A D a r e : : :

The mall is packed with people, as it usually is on a Saturday. There's the usual smell of food wafting around, drawing people in until there's a massive queue of people waiting on food. That's what we're doing now, me and my best friend, Sarah.

"Ugh, are we EVER going to get ANY food?!" Sarah asks, throwing her hands in the air and sighing loudly, she's always been very theatrical.

"Sarah, we've only been waiting for two minutes, have patience!" I exclaim for the fourth time in the last two minutes. Yes, she has said the same thing four times already and I'm getting annoyed.

"I know! How about we play truth or dare?! You ask me first!" Sarah squeals with excitement, giving me no choice but to play.

"Truth or dare?" My voice sounds dull compared to Sarah's constant excited squeal. Also, the fact that I hate playing truth or dare might contribute.

"DARE!" She screams, earning us annoyed looks from the others in the queue.

"Okay, uh... I dare you to scream 'I still wear diapers!' at the top of your lungs." Sarah gives me an excited look, obviously very willing to complete the dare.

"Easy!" She walks out of the queue and, somehow, manages to get through the giant sea of people to a small wall. She climbs on top of it and looks around the large mass of people.

"I STILL WEAR DIAPERS!!!" Her ear splitting scream echoes throughout the large mall, a few people actually drop what they're holding to cover their ears.

I'm contemplating what Sarah's dare will be, because when playing dares with Sarah Greene, picking truth is never an option.

"Was that good enough?" She asks when she makes it back from the journey through the sea of people.

"Yes, it definitely was."

"Great! Now I'll ask you, truth or dare?" Sarah looks at me with her green eyes, telling me not to pick truth.

"Dare." I say with a sigh. Sarah perks up immediately, clapping her hands while jumping on the spot.

"I dare you to talk to a cute guy!" She winks and nudges me towards the large sea of people.

"No, Sarah please! You know I'm hopeless at talking to guys, don't make me do this!" I plead with her, but she only pushes me farther into the crowd.

"It can't be that hard Olivia! Just GO, try Olive! All you have to say is 'Hi' and then you can run back over to me and then we'll have lunch. Go on!" She pushes me so hard I almost fall... actually, she didn't really push me that hard, I'm just VERY clumsy.

I'm now standing in the middle of the sea of shoppers and I've lost sight of Sarah, I guess I have no choice but to complete the dare now. I know she's watching, even if I can't see her. I'm pretty sure she's secretly a ninja.

It's hard to pick one 'cute guy' from the crowd. Heck, it's hard to tell one person from the next this place is so crowded! There's a guy standing outside a store with dirty blonde hair, I'm just about to walk up to him when a brunette puts her arm through his. I probably shouldn't talk to him unless I want to start a cat fight.

Hmmm... So many choices... Just as I pick one guy he begins to walk away, then, just as I pick another he disappears into the crowd. Everyone is moving around, but there is one still figure that catches my eye.

He has tousled blonde hair that falls across his forehead, his tanned skin makes his baby blue eyes 'pop' and I can see his muscles through his thin shirt. Not to sound girly or anything, but he's hot, VERY hot. He's leaning against the railings of a fountain lazily, his hands are in the pockets of his jeans.