Chapter Four || Rude

: : : C h a p t e r F o u r || R u d e : : :

I'm not usually one to complain, but seriously, WHY is Will so rude to me?

When I woke up this morning I was extremely hungry, so, understandably, I went to the kitchen in search of food. Will was there, he sat at the kitchen table reading some boring looking documents and sipping some coffee. I had said good morning to him, I was trying to be as friendly as possible, but Will obviously didn't feel in the mood to be nice and friendly. Is he ever? But I was nice to him all the same, I even offered to make him pancakes, which he rudely declined.

Then later on, at around 3pm, I decided that I wanted to read something as there was nothing else to do. I never have been a fan of watching the TV or playing video games. I politely asked Will if he had any books, to which he replied "Books are for those who don't have enough imagination to write their own story". Honestly, I could have slapped him when he said that. Just because I don't like to read boring documents doesn't mean I lack any imagination, if there's anyone that lacks imagination, it's most definitely Will.

And now, after I've spent almost two hours writing a story, much to Will's dismay, I decide to show it to him. I'm happy with my work, it's a short piece about an adventure in a parallel universe. I tried to use as many sophisticated words as possible. I want to impress him, I don't know why.

I give the notebook, which I used to write my story in, to Will. I wait for him to finish reading it anxiously, acting like a small school child waiting for the approval of their teacher.

Will reads emotionlessly, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. When he's finished he looks up at me with an amused expression, an arrogant smirk crossing his mouth.

"A very amusing story, I'll give you that, but not believable in the slightest. The main character a green, ugly, mean troll, who in the end finds love with a beautiful, kind girl that has every guy falling at her feet, that would never happen. In real life the troll would die alone and the girl would end up marrying a handsome heir to a fortune. Now, that would have been a realistic ending." Will hands my notebook back to me before he walks over to the sofa and collapses onto it, turning on the TV.

I hold back my hand which is itching to slap him, I try to come up with a comeback that will blow his book review out of the window, but I know that he's right, that wouldn't happen in real life.

"It might not be realistic, but at least it's amusing. Isn't that what books are supposed to be about?" I walk over to the sofa facing opposite him and sit down.

"Yes, books are a form of entertainment, but they are also supposed to be accurate in what you tell the reader. For example, you stated that the guinea pig king liked open spaces, when, in fact, guinea pigs do not like open spaces, they prefer small, tight places." Will flicks through the channels on the TV.

"Yes, they may prefer tight spaces, but that doesn't mean they dislike open spaces." I argue.

"Okay, I'll give you that. But you also stated that blueberries were blue, when they're actually purple." He says, not even making eye contact with me.

"It's a parallel universe, everything is supposed to be backwards!" I say exasperatedly. Does he ever give in?

"Parallel universes don't exist." He says, emotionlessly. He finally finds a program to watch and he stares intently at the TV screen. It's something about something in a place I've never heard of. Great description, huh?

"How do you know they don't exist, have you ever been to one?" I try to keep my end of the argument going, but it's obvious that Will's winning.

"No, I've never been to one because they don't exist." Will sighs and stands up. "I'm going to find ma'am, I refuse to share this apartment with you." He leaves through the large metal doors, disappearing.

How can he be so irritating? Is he really so self absorbed that he thinks it's okay to be so rude?

I stand up and switch off the TV, there's no point in waisting electricity. I suddenly feel a wave of homesickness, I've never been good at staying away from home. It feels as if the real danger of the situation I'm in finally sinks in.

I could die.

I'm contemplating all the different ways that I could die, when the metal doors open again and a very flustered looking Will walks in.

"We need to leave, come on." He says, grabbing my arm when I'm close enough.

"What, why?" I allow him to drag me, his nails digging into my arm.

"Agent Black's lackeys have broken in with some blonde girl. I think they're after us, we need to go faster." Will is now sprinting, practically dragging me through the halls of the secret headquarters.

Will drags me into an elevator, pressing a big red button. The elevator doors close immediately and the elevator seems to drop, the lights going out. We're falling so fast that my feet lift off the ground and my stomach twists uncomfortably, I'm too shocked to scream.

Then all of a sudden the elevator stops, I fall in a heap on the ground. I wait for the doors to open, but it's like the whole world has been put on pause. All that can be heard is Will and I breathing and nothing can be seen, it's pitch black.

"Damn it!" Will suddenly speaks up, punching the elevator wall.

"W-What's wrong?" I ask, although I'm pretty sure I know why he's so stressed out.

"They must have cut off the elevators so the intruders wouldn't be able to get out and we could catch them. Why didn't I think of that?" Will, who is now sitting on the floor next to me, sighs and runs a hand through his perfectly styled hair. My eyes are adjusting to the darkness, I see his blue eyes watching me with anger. Why does he hate me so much?

"How long will we be here for?" I try to ignore the daggers that he's shooting me.

"As long as it takes them to secure the headquarters." Will moves around until he's almost sitting next to me, so he can stretch out his legs, and then lays down, his arms behind his head. I notice a small coloured piece of string tied around his wrist, it looks like a friendship bracelet.

"What's that?" I point to the bracelet around his wrist, Will shifts away from me slightly.

"That's none of your business." He says harshly. "You should get some sleep, it's late." He says afterwards, sighing.

"Okay. Good night, Will." I say, laying down as well.

"Don't call me Will, to you my name is Agent Carter." Will, or 'Agent Carter', turns on his side, facing away from me.

"Sorry. Good night, Agent Carter." I receive no reply, only the sound of Will's breathing.

'Fine, be like that, but don't expect me to be polite to you anymore, Carter. You've just started a war that you cannot win.' I think to myself, 'The war has begun.'

***

WILL'S POV

God, she's so annoying.

Blah blah blah, read my book, blah blah blah, you're wrong, you're wrong, blah blah blah, what's this, what's that, blah blah blah!

Does she ever shut up? I thought she'd get the message when I constantly ignored her, but it seems she's too thick to pick up on that. And ma'am wonders why I hate her so much.

Now I'm stuck in an inclosed space with her for however long it takes to secure the faculty. Great, just great.

I can hear her snoring behind me, she's finally asleep, it took her long enough. I turn onto my back, trying to fall asleep, but every time I feel myself drifting off, Olivia snores loudly or turns over.

"Shut up!" I whisper yell, Olivia keeps snoring, oblivious to my annoyance. Even when she's sleeping she never fails to annoy me.

Olivia turns over again, this time her head lands on my chest and her arm drapes over my stomach.

Awkward much?

I try to push her off, hoping that she'll turn over again, but she doesn't. I'm too afraid to push her off and risk waking her up, which is worse than when she's sleeping.

"You're asking for war, Olivia, a war you cannot even wish to win." And with that thought I drift off to sleep.