Chapter Nine || Always Running

: : : C h a p t e r N i n e || A l w a y s R u n n i n g : : :

It's silent for a few seconds while Will and I take in the situation before us. Then, once we've analysed the situation thoroughly, we race towards the bed.

Wow, that sounds wrong.

Obviously Will reaches the bed first, stretching out across it and making sure that there's no space for me. Selfish poo.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor. No, no, no, no, no, NO!" I scream at Will while trying to nudge him off with my foot. I refuse to touch him with my hands.

Will does that half-smirk of his, "Too bad there's no where else but the floor for you to sleep."

Just when I thought we'd have a chance of getting on.

I glare at him, "Why did you book this room anyway?"

"I asked for the cheapest room and they gave me the keys for this one." he shrugs nonchalantly.

"Didn't it occur to you that they might have given you a room with one bed, not two beds? I thought spies were supposed to be smart, but, from what I've seen of your work so far, you're a terrible spy!" I say angrily.

Will stands up and I would have taken that opportunity to steal the bed if it wasn't for the threatening glare he gives me.

"Really, I'm a terrible spy." he laughs bitterly, "Who helped you escape from Black's lackeys in the warehouse, who took you back to the secret headquarters to keep you safe, who protected you when Sarah broke in, who stopped you from mindlessly running off with her, who just saved you from being arrested in a foreign country for stealing chocolate and who has lost everything for you?" he pretends to think. "Oh yeah, that was me. I didn't have to do any of those things, I could have just left you at the mall that day, I could have let Agent Black kidnap you, but I didn't. You really have no idea how much you've messed up my life, my career, my future, all down the drain because a little girl wanted to play dares."

"Why did you do all of that?" I whisper, my anger suddenly turning into guilt and embarrassment.

"Did I have a choice? My job is to protect the citizens, you're a citizen, so my job is to protect you. Whether I like it or not." he turns around and sits on the edge of the bed, looking down.

I cautiously walk closer to him and sit on the bed, making sure there is a very large gap between us.

"That's why you hate me so much, huh?" I say, my shoulders slumping.

"I don't hate you." he says quietly, looking at me from the corner of his eye.

This statement takes me completely by surprise. Will doesn't hate me. If he doesn't hate me then why is he so hostile towards me? Why do all of our conversations end in an argument? Or maybe it's me that's the problem, he's only defending himself. In that moment I decide that being horrible to Will isn't helping either of us.

"I don't hate you either."

Will looks at me with the most adorable goofy smile on his face, I can't help but smile back.

The space between us gets smaller and smaller as Will and I both seem to lean in towards each other. Will's eyes look lighter than usual and, now that I'm closer, I can see small specs of green and darker blue in his baby blue eyes. His eyes are scanning my face, making me feel slightly uncomfortable. His eyes land on my lips and he leans in further.

Wait, is he going to kiss me?! I've never been in this position before, I mean, I've never been kissed. Unless you count one kiss from this kid when I was five, but, I definitely wouldn't count that, our lips barely even touched before I puked all over him. I know, very smooth.