Chapter Five || Elevator

: : : C h a p t e r F i v e || E l e v a t o r : : :

The first thing I think when I wake up is, why is my pillow so soft and warm. Abnormally warm. I open my eyes and find myself inside an elevator with my head rested against... Will's chest!

I jump as far away from Will as I can in the small confines of the elevator and watch as he slowly opens his eyes. He groans and covers his eyes with his hands. Even spies find it hard to wake up in the morning. Interesting.

That's the second time I've woken up with my head on his chest.

Once Will has figured out what's going on around him he turns to look at me.

"You've finally woken up. I probably have cramp because of you." He grumbles and his blue eyes burn holes in my head.

"How did I give you cramp?" I ask, hoping he won't say what I think he's going to say.

"Because you were practically sleeping across me. I couldn't wake you up because then I'd have to listen to your whining voice complaining that I woke you. I'd rather endure cramp than listen to your complaints." He stands up and stretches his arms above his head.

"How long are we going to be stuck in here for?" I whine like a five year old. Will groans.

"That's why I never woke you up." He says, giving me a tired look.

"I just asked a question," I mumble.

"I don't know how long they'll be, they should reverse the lockdown soon. Unless..." Will goes into thought for a moment.

"Unless, what?" I ask, suddenly very curious.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." Will says and sits down again in the farthest away corner from me.

I'm a naturally curious person, actually, let me rephrase that, I'm an EXTREMELY curious person. So when Will doesn't tell me what was on his mind I immediately make a plan to figure out what it was. Basically, annoy Will until he finally gives in and tells me.

"Unless, what?" I ask again, more forcefully.

"I told you, it doesn't matter." He says, already sounding annoyed.

"Unless, what?" I repeat for the third time.

"Do you seriously think that's going to work on me, I know three year olds that can do better." Will says, smirking.

"Unless, what?" I say, "Unless, What? Unless, what? Unless, what?" I chant over and over.

Will tries to act unaffected, but I can see the slight twitch in his eye when I repeat it for the seventeenth time.

"SHUT UP!" He shouts, startling me.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I thought you said that wasn't going to work on you." I say, proud that I'd made him annoyed. Not that that's a good thing or anything...

Will looks at me as if he's trying to restrain himself from killing me. Which he could probably do VERY easily. He is a spy after all, that is what they do, right?

My brief experiences in espionage include everything that's happened in the last few days and watching one James Bond movie. Actually, make that half a James Bond movie, I can never sit through action movies - they bore me and I always eventually fall asleep. But if that brief James Bond movie is anything to go by, then he definitely knows how to kill me.

"That's it, I've had enough of you. As soon as we're out of this elevator I'm going to escort you out of the building personally." He says, running a hand through his hair and sitting in the farthest away corner from me.