Chapter Eight || Experencing Starvation

: : : C h a p t e r E i g h t || E x p e r e n c i n g S t a r v a t i o n : : :

If you've ever experienced starvation before, you probably understand how I feel right now.

I'm under the impression that Will wants to get rid of me as soon as possible, that's probably why I've not eaten in almost a day. Right? I've been hinting to him to buy me something, but I don't think he's picked up on my sly comments of rumbling stomaches and how amazing the food from every restaurant we've passed smells.

There comes a time in life where we all believe we could be capable of murder. Especially if that person is named William Carter and you've not eaten in twenty-three hours.

Although that would be satisfying, I really don't fancy the death sentience.

"Will," I call down the street after him.

We are staying in an abandoned apartment until we find a better place to stay and the apartment block is dirty to say the least. It's safe to say, Will isn't very happy with this arrangement, so he's positive that we're not staying another night there. That's what we're doing now, looking for a place to stay.

"What?! Hurry up, I can't stand to stay in this place any longer." Will sounds exasperated and I run down the stairs quickly.

"Look, I've tried to be nice about this, but, seriously, I'm starving. When are we going to eat?" I come out and say it after hours of silence.

"You'll eat when you buy yourself something."

"W-what?" I stutter, he can't be serious, "But I don't have any money."

"I don't have money either, you don't see me complaining." Will continues to walk at his brisk pace.

"You didn't pack any money when we left?!" my voice increases in pitch until it's a high pitched squeak.

"I only had dollars, they use pounds here, it would have been useless to pack any." Will continues as if the fact that we could die of starvation doesn't phase him.

"There is such a thing as currency exchange, you know." Will just rolls his eyes at me, "How are we supposed to survive if both of us don't have any money?"

Will sighs and talks to me as if I was a disobedient five year old, "There is a little something called stealing, it really isn't that hard to figure out."

"S-stealing? Are you serious? You're a spy, you're supposed to protect citizens, not steal from them!" my voice has once again increased in pitch.

"We're not stealing from the poor, only the more privileged. They won't miss it." Will sighs, "If I must, I will help you this one time, but after today you have to do this yourself."

I huff out a sigh, "Okay, if this is the only way I'm not going to starve to death then I guess we must do it."

Will has a small, triumphant smile on his face as we continue to walk down the cold streets of Scotland.

I feel my anger building, but I know that's why he does it; to annoy me.

Will leads me through the throng of people on the busy streets to a more desolate street. At the end of the street there is a large supermarket called TESCO.

"That's where we're going to get dinner," Will continues to walk, me trailing behind.

"It's huge! Are you sure we're not going to get caught?" I eye up the building suspiciously.

Will smirks amusedly, "I'm a spy, I never get caught."

Will leads the way, with me following him like a lost puppy, salivating at the sight of food as we enter the supermarket.