Chapter Fourteen || Goodbye? How About Badbye

There was a few flaws in what I thought would be the best day of my life.

1 : Will's present made me miss my family more.

2 : We were less sly than we thought because, somehow, Black has found us.

3 : It was time to put our less-than-ready plan into action.

"Will, are you sure it was her?" I ask him as I quickly pack all of my things away while simultaneously trying to tie my shoes.

"Positive. Who else would leave a note like that for us at reception? I bet it was because of that agent we left on the rooftop. I knew we shouldn't have left him there but I was distracted with..." he pauses and looks at me. "Never mind."

I finish double knotting my laces, stand up and pick up our backpack, watching Will pace back and fourth anxiously.

"Do you think we can do it?" I ask Will nervously.

"Do what?" he sighs, coming to stand next to me.

"Catch Agent Black."

"Of Course we can, we have an amazing plan. I'm sure we can do it." he smiles but I can tell it's forced.

A long silence stretches between us as we wait for Agent Black to find us.

Our plan is fairly simple; we're waiting her out. According to Will, Agent Black is always chasing after someone and she's never had to run away. We're trying to change that. We're going to chase her.

But that's as far as we had gotten. We thought that we'd have more time to figure everything out, what with the moving to London thing. Obviously not.

The hotel room phone rings, making both Will and I jump. We look at each other with identical looks of panic. We both know that we're nowhere near ready to face Agent Black, but we must do it.

Will walks over to the bedside table where the phone is located and picks it up.

"Hello?" he says in a foreign accent, Swedish I think. I hear faint voice speaking on the other line before Will replies.

"Yes, ma'am, we'll be down straight away." he says, going back to his normal accent. He puts the phone down and takes our backpack off my shoulder, walking towards the door.

"What?" I ask, confused. "Who was it? Where are you going? Will?!" I yell, but Will ignores me and continues out the door. "Will, stop!"

I run through the door, into the hallway, and grab his arm, trying to pull him back. But Will just continues walking, dragging me along like I weigh nothing more than a feather. Which, believe me, I do not.

"Will, stop right now!" I command, but he keeps going. I finally manage to run around him so that I'm now standing in front of him, putting my arms on his chest to try and stop him. Instead I blush when I feel the hard muscles under his t-shirt.

I look up at his face. His eyes stare forward blankly and his features look tight and constrained, like he's extremely angry but trying to hide it with a poker face.

"Will, look at me." He seems to be fighting with himself for a second before reluctantly looking down at me. "Who was it?"

"My mom." he says through gritted teeth. "She doesn't think we can handle the situation anymore and she's going against guidelines to take us back and bring in more experienced professionals." he growls.

"What?! But we were ready, you had a chance to prove to your mom how ready you are to do fieldwork." I cross my arms and stomp my foot like a three year old.