Chapter Three || The Secret Headquarters

: : : C h a p t e r T h r e e || T h e S e c r e t H e a d q u a r t e r s : : :

"William Carter. Who is this girl?" The blonde, who I presume is the woman Will called on the phone, asks when she arrives in a black Ferrari.

"I have no idea, ma'am." Will answers emotionlessly. The woman seems to be in her late forties, she's probably Will's boss.

"Why didn't you ask her, do you have no manners William?!" The woman looks ashamed, Will suddenly looks angry.

"She blew my cover, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be in this mess! So why should I be polite to her?" Will says, glaring at the woman.

"It was an accident waiting to happen. You should be thankful that she blew your cover sooner rather than later." The woman says with a hint of amusement, I think she enjoys seeing Will angry. It is kind of amusing, I suppose.

"Thankful? No way. Can't we just go now, Black's probably getting her robots to come after us." Will gestures towards the black Ferrari. To be honest, I've been dying to ride in that car since the woman pulled up next to us.

"Okay, but you're riding in the back, William." The woman turns around and unlocks the Ferrari.

"Whatever." I barely hear Will mutter.

"I heard that!" The woman shouts from the other side of the car. Wow, does she have superhuman hearing or something?!

I climb into the passenger seat, next to the woman. She turns the key and the car takes off down the highway.

"So, sweetie, what's your name?" The woman asks, her eyes trained on the road ahead, we sure are going fast.

"I-I'm Olivia Wood." I stutter, distracted by the speed she's driving at.

"It's nice to meet you Miss Olivia Wood. I'm Lorraine Carter, William's mom." She's his mom, why does Will call her ma'am?

I look more closely at Mrs Carter, I can now see the similarities. The baby blue eyes, the cheekbones, it's so obvious, how did I not notice before?

"It's nice to meet you too, Mrs Carter." I say, Mrs Carter looks away from the road for a second to flash me a smile, I smile back.

If only Will was as welcoming as his mom.

***

"Good morning, ma'am."

"Hello, ma'am."

"Ma'am, it's nice to see you."

"Is that a new hair cut, ma'am? I love it."

"Well, don't you look simply ravishing today ma'am."

"Good morning, ma'am."

That's how we're greeted when we arrive at the 'secret headquarters'. Mrs Carter is bombarded with compliments, it's not hard to tell that she's the one in charge here. I awkwardly walk behind Mrs Carter, next to Will, and I try to contain my laughter at how ridiculous they all look. They're like anxious puppy's begging for the praise from their owner.

"Hello, everyone. I'm happy that you're all so glad to see me, but I have work to take care of." Mrs Carter pushes past the crowd of her employees, leading Will and I away from them.

The secret headquarters are situated under a deserted ghost town in the mountains. I expected it to be dusty and old, taking in mind what it looks like from above, but the inside is shiny and new. Everywhere I look I see white, white walls, white flooring, white desks, white chairs, everything is white.

Mrs Carter leads us through many hallways and doors, eventually we reach large double doors at the end of a very long hallway. Mrs Carter throws them open, inside the doors is a very large, white, suite. If I didn't know about the secret headquarters and all of the spy's surrounding me, I would have thought that it was someone's very large and expensive home. A fire burns, giving the whole place a warm homely feel, there's three big white couches arranged around the fireplace, a very large flat screen TV is mounted on the wall above the fireplace and there's another set of double doors on the other side of the room. A chandelier brightens the room, making me feel slightly dizzy at the sudden brightness.