Epilogue

Epilogue

Four years, two months and eighteen days later

"Abort mission!" I scream through the microphone, which will blare in Will's earpiece.

I stare at the screen in front of me in terror as I watch Will walk closer and closer towards his imminent death.

Gerard Turble, the most famous identity thief in the whole world, was hiding in a small industrial estate. Will was supposed to be 'observing', but had decided to ignore my orders and go ahead anyway.

"Will, stop! He'll kill you. Will!" I scream in desperation.

Finally realising that he either can't hear me because of a technical malfunction or is choosing to ignore me, I take matters into my own hands.

"Finlay, Sarah," I turn around and face them. We're in the back of a van, which is filled with all the tech I need to successfully lead a mission. "I think it's time for your guys to go, the mission isn't going to plan, but, Finlay, if you intercept Will, Sarah might have a chance to reach the windmill before Gerard does."

The windmill was where Gerard was supposedly keeping all of his fake ID's, so we'd been sent out to investigate.

Sarah mock salutes me. "Yes, ma'am." They then leave silently to carry out the mission.

I turn back around to the screen and realise that I've lost track of where Gerard is.

Cursing under my breath, I try and track him down again, but my satellite is malfunctioning and, soon, I've lost track of everyone, even Will. Damn it. Jumping up from my seat, I climb into the front of the van and drive nearer to the windmill in the hopes of getting a better satellite reception.

Before I can check, a loud knock comes from the window beside me. I jump in surprise and turn my head to see a panicked looking Finlay.

I open my door and look into his worried eyes.

"Finlay? What's wrong, what happened?" I ask desperately, something is definitely wrong.

"The windmill, you need to come with me and look, it's horrible... I-I..." Finlay struggles to find words and I jump out of the van and lock it.

"Let's go, Finlay, everything is going to be fine." I reassure.

The walk to the windmill is short and I have an eerie feeling, like everything is not quite as it seems. The windmill seems too well kept and nice for an identity thief to keep his stash in, the neighbourhood too nice. Finlay seems to get happier the closer we get, even though, just moments before, he was scared out of his wits.

We finally reach the door.

"Ladies first." Finlay says, which is strange. He's always acted like an older brother to me, so letting me enter a potentially dangerous building first was very out of character for him.

I enter first, nonetheless and what I see shocks me. The inside of the windmill is beautifully decorated, whites and silvers everywhere. But what takes my breath away the most is the sight of Will in a tux.

"Will?" I whisper.

Will looks up and smiles hugely at me.

"Olivia." He whispers in reply.

"Why are we, I mean, Gerard-" I start rambling, completely confused.

"You don't have to worry about Gerard, he's in Thailand." he answers nonchalantly.

"What? How?"

Will shakes his head and smiles. "I'll explain that later, but right now, I have a question to ask you."

Will suddenly looks nervous as he takes something out of his pocket - a small velvet box. He gets down on one knee and looks up at me with such sincerity that I'm momentarily lost in his eyes.

"Olivia, we've been together for a while now and I can't imagine being with anyone else. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so... will you marry me?" He looks so innocent, so helpless, so vulnerable, I couldn't help but fall for him even more, if that was possible.

We'd been through a lot these past four years and I agreed with Will, I couldn't imagine myself being with anyone else, ever.

So, there was only one answer to his question.

"Yes."

***

Thank you all so much for your support on this story!
Please check out my other story 'Planet Pluto' if you enjoyed this!
I am so thankful for all of your kind comments <3