Chapter Twelve || Held at Gunpoint

Held at gunpoint on top of a tall London building.

Not something I ever wanted to experience in my life. In fact, I'm pretty sure no one would want to experience this in their life.

The stinging cold air whips my hair around my face, going into my eyes and mouth so I can barely see, nor breathe. Not that I would be able to breathe anyway with a strange man holding a gun to my head at the edge of a deathly drop.

Will stands frozen, his eyes are locked on the gun. If he's moving at all, I don't notice.

I don't know how long the tense silence is. It could have been a couple of seconds, or it could have been hours. Every concept of time had dissipated, leaving us all frozen to the spot.

Then everything happened at once.

BANG!

* * *

TWO HOURS EARLIER.

"...the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, oh, and Trafalgar Square." I list all of the places I want to visit.

"I don't think we can go to all of those places."

"Oh and I also want to have tea and crumpets while sitting in a red telephone box with the Queen and... JK Rowling!"

"Wow, that was possibly every English stereotype crammed into one sentience. Very impressive." Will comments.

I smile. "So, where are we going first?"

"Lunch." Will states and leads me through the busy street towards a little homley cafe.

"Ooh, are we going to--"

"A cafe, it's not anything special." Will tells me as we enter.

The cafe is small and cozy, warming up my cold hands as we sit down at a wooden table. It smells of tea and soup. My mouth waters at the thought of homemade soup, something I've not had since last winter.

A girl, maybe a few years younger than me, with straight blonde hair and blue eyes comes to our table, notepad ready to take our orders.

"Can I help you?" she says looking straight at Will, a flirtatious smile on her face.

But Will completely ignores her and looks straight at me. "What would you like?" he asks me. The waitress turns and glares at me.

"Uhm... I'll have potato soup and a--"

"Hot chocolate." Will finishes for me. "I'll have the same." he says and the waitress walks away with a frown on her face. She obviously isn't used to being brushed off.

"We need a plan." Will says quietly. "I know that my mom, Finlay, Sarah and everyone are trying their hardest to help us, but, there's only so much that they can do. We need a long term plan, a bulletproof one. No one goes into a war unprepared."

"We need stop running away." It comes out of my mouth before I can stop it.

"What? If we don't stop running away then they'll get what they want; us." he argues.

"No, if we keep running away, this stupid game of cat and mouse could go on for years. If we change the game then we can catch them out and we could have a chance to lead them into our trap. It's going to take a lot of planning though." I speak my mind, not noticing what's going on around me. When Will doesn't reply I look at him and I'm momentarily paralysed.

His eyes hold so much emotion that I can't quite grasp everything. His baby blue eyes stare into mine and a small smirk graces his features. The dimple in his left cheek becoming more prominent and his long brown hair falling over his forehead.