Chapter Fifteen || The Countdown

• Dedicated to Mr JapJap

Chapter Fifteen || The Countdown

NINETY-ONE HOURS

Returning home wasn't as exciting as it should have been.

I was going to see my family whom I haven't seen in months, yet all I can think about is Will and how broken and betrayed he looked when he found out I was going home.

Going home without him.

I broke my one promise. He trusted me and I took that trust and destroyed it in every way possible.

"Livy!" A small excited voice calls and I look to see my younger sister, Emma, running towards me, her arms wide and ready to embrace me.

When she reaches me I hug her tightly, never wanting to let go. I stroke her hair and I feel the tears flooding my eyes.

"I've missed you so much," I whisper into her hair.

"I've missed you more! Guess what I got for christmas! I got a..." and Emma continues talking, not at all realising that - a) I don't really care and, b) I'm not listening.

I greet all of my family in the same way as I greeted Emma, hugs and a simple "I've missed you". Which of course, is the truth, but I certainly do not miss them as much as I miss someone else.

Will.

Is that bad? That I miss Will, who I've only known for a short amount of time, over my family, who I've known my whole life?

What is the reason for these feelings? They're betraying me in every way.

Why must I like Will when he obviously hates me now.

Why?

Wh

W

Wi

Wil

Will.

No. Stop. Thinking. About. Him.

I slap myself in the head.

"Why did you just do that?" My older brother, Ed, asks.

"Because my thoughts are not obaying my brain. Also because I puked, like, three times on the plain and I still feel nauxious." I explain.

The ten hour plane ride hadn't gone well for me, especially since Will wasn't there to comfort me.

"So you decided to slap yourself. I thought that would make the nauxia worse." he says and shakes his head, chuckling.

"Whatever, Edmund."

"I told you! Never call me by my full name!" he says in a whiny voice which does not suit his large six foot tall frame and is not at all attractive.

"If I'm going to get nieces and nephews any time soon, you should stop using that voice." I warn Ed.

"Whut-ever."

I shake my head at his antics and follow my family out of the airport.

I couldn't shake the feeling of finality. I felt like, as I was leaving the airport, there was no way of going back.

No way back to Will.

***

WILL'S POV : : :

NINETY HOURS AND SEVEN MINUTES

I clench my fists, knowing that I could knock her out with one punch.

But she's my mom.

And she's a spy.