Kyo part 2

-------------------------Disclaimer-----------------------

I don't own Furuba or any characters associated with Furuba. They all belong to Takaya-sensei.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kyo's P.O.V

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME TOHRU WAS SICK?!" screams a furious Momiji.

"She's not that sick" I reply. That boy is so annoying. He's wearing pink nail varnish, frilly shorts and, I kid you not, HIGH HEELED BOOTS!!!

"Still! I have to see her" the damn squirt cries, and then he pushes past me.

I notice that Kisa and Haru are trailing behind him.

Haru acknowledges me with a nod.

"I have to see Onee-chan" Kisa explains.

I see them running upstairs. Oh, God. I hope they're not staying. We've already got Hatori and Yuki's Goddamn brother.

However... Tohru isn't exactly getting better. She's still got her fever and she's burning up. All she can eat is either LEEK OR MISO! I mean SERIOUSLY! I've made so much leek soup this past week that Damn Yuki's running out of leeks.

Hatori has checked over her time and time again, and he insists it's nothing but a virus. I really hope it is. He says she'll hopefully be getting better in a week or two. I hope she does get better because that'll mean Hatori and Ayame will leave quicker, and everything will be back to normal.

***

Yeah, Right. Nothings's ever normal in this damn house.

That brat Momiji, damn Haru and Kisa (ok, she isn't so bad) are staying until Tohru gets better. I guess it could be worse... at least that damn Hiro 

Hatori convinced Ayame not to cook. Hatori is literally the only person damn Ayame listens to. Momiji is cooking tonight. I hope it isn't as bad as last night. Hell, what am I saying? Nothing could be worse than Ayame's cooking.

***

"Oh! Hi, Kyo-kun! Thank you so much! I really hope I'm not being too much of a burden to you... I'm sorry!" Tohru cries. I'm taking up the leek soup Yuki cooked for her. She's in bed, DOING HOMEWORK. Seriously! She hasn't been at school all week, so I wonder where she's got it.

"Listen, yer really don't need ta do homework. And Yuki cooked the soup. You're not a burden... you... um... just try ta get better" I tell her, as I feel my face turning crimson with embarrassment.

She looks... worried. I wonder what's eating her.

"Ok... I'll try..." she murmurs.

"KYYYYOOOOO! DINNER'S READY!" shouts the annoying voice of Shigure.

"Really. Ya don't need ta do homework. Why don't you try ta get some sleep? Try to get back to your usual, happy, goofy self" I whisper. I gently stroke her cheek. She stares at me with those big, blue eyes, and smiles. We're so close together that I feel her breath, warm on my cheek. My heart is beating fast.

The moment is perfect until GODDAMN MOMIJI COMES IN OUT OF NOWHERE!

"Kyo's got the hots!" he sings.

We spring apart, mutually embarrassed.

"H-hi, Momiji-chan..." stammers Tohru.

"Kyo! Come down! Dinner's on the table!" that DAMN BRAT Momiji cries.

"Uh... see ya, Tohru. Just... JUST GET SOME REST, OKAY?" I shout. Argh! I didn't mean to say that.

"Sorry. I... Sorry." I apologise.

***

Dinner looks actually kinda ok. It's western-style food, pizza.

"Um. I'm actually vegan," says Haru.

"But this doesn't have meat in it!" insists Momiji.

"Cheese. Which comes from cows. I don't eat any animal products at all" Haru replies.

"There's some leftover leek soup if you want it" Yuki suggests.

"Okay," Haru answers.

Yuki gets up to get soup while the rest of us are left to make small talk.

I hate my family.

"So, Kyo, how's school?" Shigure asks.

"It's ok, I guess" I reply unenthusiastically.

"It's AWESOME! I love it here! We get to do so many cool subjects and the teachers are really nice too!" Momiji cries.

"Ah, I remember my school days... did I mention how I was student president-" Ayame is interrupted by basically everyone at the table.

"YES!" we all cry. I swear, Ayame just likes the sound of his own voice.

"Hatori-san, how's Onee-chan?" asks Kisa quietly. She looks up to Tohru a lot and always follows her around. It's kinda creepy, but Tohru loves it.

"She's looking better. Her Virus is clearing away, but..." Hatori tells her.

He sounds troubled. As if he's hiding something he doesn't want us to find out about.

"But?" says that damn rat, a bowl of leek soup in his hands.

"Is there something the matter with our dear flower, Tori?" asks Shigure.

"Is Tohru ok?" Momiji puts in.

Hatori clears his throat.

"Tohru... Tohru told me about something during her check up that could be a... worry to her health." Hatori looks like he's telling us about someone's death.

"What?" I ask.

"A lump. In her breast," he tells us.

"Cancer!" Cries Kisa, her little face pale with worry.

"No, not cancer. Well, probably not cancer. But we'll take her to the hospital just to make sure" Hatori tells us.

Please, please let her be ok.