Yuki part 5

Konichiwa! Short update this time, but hey, it's better than nothing. I'll try to update soon. In the meantime, I'VE WRITTEN ANOTHER FRUITS BASKET FANFICTION! It's called Fruit Trees, and I'd be ver grateful if you could check it out. Also, Iv'e made an art book, so you may wanna look at that.

-----Can't be bothered to do a disclaimer------

Anyway, arigato and please vote and comment!

I feel really bad. Look, I may not particually like Kyo (make that I HATE THE BASTARD) but it's obvious to see that...

God... this is hard.

It's obvious to see that Honda-san , my Tohru-san loves him to bits. He's the reason she's always wearing that sweet smile of hers.

I couldn't make her smile like that. It's him; and it's always been him.

Letting go is hard. I will never stop loving her, but I can at least try to stop wanting her. She isn't mine. Her heart belongs solely to Kyo, and in return, he has fully offered her his. They are in love. They... they belong together. Anyone can see that.

Which is probably why it is so difficult watching as fate forces them apart time and time again.

***

"Yuki? Why're you here?" Kyo asks, as I enter the room for visitors to see the inmates. He is being kept here until his trial. I want to speak up, tell someone, anyone the truth, but...

I'm worried Akito will really hurt Honda-san I if do.

"To see you." I smirk. Ever the stupid cat, I see.

"Don't be smart with me, rat. How's Tohru? Is she Okay? I need to see her!" Kyo demands, his eyes welling with tears, something I generally didn't think was biologically possible"Yes! Honda-san is fine!" It's only a half-lie. Her wound will get better, but because of it being so deep, they can't operate , meaning her tumour will only develop.

"If your'e lying to me..." Kyo hisses darkly.

I don't tell him the truth. How could I? It'll only worry him, and him being worried will just worry Honda-san and then she'll be sad and... Yeah, it's bettter if he doesn't know a thing.

"I force a smile. "Relax! I'm not lying to you. Honda-san will be OK." I say cheerfully. Kyo doesn't really look convinced, but he nods anyway and replies with a emotionless "OK.".

"I know why you didn't tell the police about what really happened." Kyo says.

"And why would that be?" I ask, sweat pouring down my temples.

"Because you don't want Tohru to get hurt." Kyo answers.

"Look, cat, I'm sorry-!" I begin.

"It's OK." Kyo interrupts.

Wait, what? I'm gobsmacked. I thought Kyo would try to disembowel me or something because I let him get arrested.

"You... you did the right thing." Kyo says through gritted teeth. "I would have done the same in your shoes."

"Oh." I all I can say.

"I'd rather go to jail than see Tohru get hurt by Akito." Kyo says bitterly.

"Oh."

"I love her more than I value my own life." he continues.

"Oh."

"I would die for Tohru Honda."

"Oh."

"Look, if your'e just gonna repeat yourself--" Kyo snaps angrily.

"You... you have my blessing." I say. This hurts.

"Your'e just gonna give up that easily?" Kyo questions.

"Yes, because I know you two are... shit... you're meant to be together." I tell him.

Kyo smiles at me for... well, for the first time ever really.

Then, two burly prison officers tell Kyo his time is up. As they lead him away, I feel something strange in my heart. Remorse? Guilt? Sadness?

Sadness. Sadness that Kyo and I... we could have been friends.

But now it may be all too late.