Kyo part 3

-------------------------Disclaimer-----------------------

I don't own Furuba or any characters associated with Furuba. They all belong to Takaya-sensei.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Konnichiwa! Looong chapter this time, but it's a crucial chapter for the story. Thanks for so many reads! Thank you everyone who has voted on this story too. Let's try and get the read number to 200 or more! As always, arigato and please vote and review!

Kyo's P.O.V

Shigure, Tohru and I are currently in the hospital waiting room. Tohru's grandpa was having some back problems again so Shigure is coming to act as her legal guardian. Surprisingly, he's actually kinda worried about her. That damned  Yuki wanted to come but he had some kind of student council thing. Damn rat being selfish again. If he really loved her, he'd go with her. He'd be there for her. Just proves he doesn't love her. Not like I do.
I look over at the anxious girl sitting next to me and I squeeze her trembling hand.

"It'll be okay" I reassure.

She smiles at me sweetly. I hope she doesn't stop smiling, no matter her results.

"Ah, young love, blossoming in the garden of-" Shigure says, before I interrupt him.

"YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!" I yell, getting up from my seat.

"Kyo-kun, I think you need to calm down." Shigure says calmly.

I look around and notice around 30 pairs of eyes stare at me. I feel my cheeks burn and I quickly sit down.

"Tohru Honda?"

I hear the dreaded loudspeaker voice crackle.

"Tohru Honda, please come to room 12. Thank you."

"This... this is the moment of truth." Shigure breaths (he just has to make this as dramatic as possible).

I take her hand and keep holding it until we get to room 12. I open the door and see a middle-aged woman with short, dark hair and glasses. 

"Hello, Miss Honda. I'm Dr. Mizushima." Mizushima shakes Tohru's hand and smiles at her warmly. 

"Hello, Dr. Mizushima-sama." Tohru mumbles. That's strange; it isn't like her to be shy. And it certainly isn't like her to call people by sama*. 

"Oh, there's no need to be so formal. Feel free to sit down!" Mizushima says. 

We sit obediently. 

"What were the results? Is Tohru gonna be okay?"  I demand. 

"It's too early to say at this stage..." Mizushima begins. 

"What's that supposed ta mean? Just answer me, dammit!" I cry in angst. 

"Kyo-kun, please calm down." Tohru asks, her face red with embarrassment. 

"Sorry, Mizush- Dr. Mizushima." I say through gritted teeth. 

"What were the results though, Dr. Mizushima-san?" Shigure asks her. 

"Tohru, Mr. Sohma... I'm so very sorry. I'm afraid to say that the lump in Miss. Honda's breast was in fact a cancerous tumour." Mizushima tells us gravely. 

No. Please, no. Shit! Tell me this is just a nightmare!

"I'm so sorry. I really am so sorry." Mizushima continues. 

"It's... I... It's-it's o-okay," Tohru stammers, her voice little more than a whisper. 

"I know it's a lot to take in. Breast cancer for someone as young as Tohru is extremely rare. However, anyone can get it. Even men." Mizushima tells us.