Yuki part 6

Konnichiwa! Yay, another chapter! I hope you like this one! I'll update soon with more notes next chapter. Be prepared for a feels attack!

Thanks so much for reading and please vote and comment.

~Blue

As my petrified heart leaps in my chest, all I can think about is twenty four hours ago. How can so much change in a day? I stare at the anarchy happening in front of me.

I close my eyes and remember.

***

School.

School. Is a thing. Which I am forced to attend for some stupid reason.
My maths teacher is yelling at some kid for chewing gum, while another girl texts under her desk and the boy behind me doodles in his diary.

All I can think of is her. How lonely she must be, how she's feeling.

"Yuki Sohma!" Shouts my teacher (I can't even remember her name) angrily.

"Wha- It wasn't me!" I reply, startled.

"What? " He questions.

"The thing that you were going to accuse me of. I didn't do it."

Everyone laughs, and I feel my face burn in embarrassment.

"You didn't do anything. Which is why I'm shouting. You were daydreaming. What did I just say?"

"About what?" Again, everyone giggles.

"TRIGONOMETRY!" He screams, his fat face turning pink.

"Um. Trigonometry... Shapes? Uh... triangles and stuff? Oh, that's it! Sin, Tan, Cos." I reply, searching my brain for any memories of maths. It probably got deleted. There are more important things to remember. Honda-San. My Tohru.

***

I end up in detention. I promised to see her today. I can't bear being late. I did try to tell him that I had to meet my friend in hospital. He didn't listen.

I glance behind me and notice Hatsuharu Sohma drawing on his hands. Cute little biro cow chibis. So utterly Haru.

I cough, loudly. Haru catches my eye, and about a minute later, he discreetly passes me a note.

Have you seen her?

I cover the paper with my other hand and write.

Not yet. Have you?

I see him read it, and watch him reply.

Yesterday. I went with Kisa.

I stare at the paper. I didn't know that.

Oh. How was she?

He takes a long time to answer.

Putting on a act. Kisa said she was vomiting, like really vomiting. She insists she's OK, but you can see it behind her eyes. Tohru Honda is far from alright.

Oh, God. Please... Oh God.

Fuck.

He looks pained.

I'm sorry.

For what?

I should have stayed.

Why didn't you?

I hate hospitals. Iv'e been to far too many. They bring back bad memories.