Tohru part 3

-------------------------Disclaimer-----------------------

I don't own Furuba or any characters associated with Furuba. They all belong to Takaya-sensei.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Konnichiwa! Wow, over 50 reads! Thanks to everyone who has read this! Let's try and get it to 75! . Also, I've decided to include the Japanese honourifics that are in the manga. Most of them are just at the end of names, apart from Onee-chan, which is what Kisa calls Tohru. Onee-chan means big sister or young woman. (Big sister in Tohru's case).  Anyway, enjoy the story and please vote and review!

Tohru's P.O.V

I'm feeling a lot better now. Everyone was so kind, especially Hatori-san for staying here and looking after me. I can't believe so many people would come just to see me! I feel so grateful! I'm so lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life!

But...

I found a lump in my breast. Hatori-san says it's probably nothing, but I'm going to the hospital to get it checked out.

I really hope it's nothing. Cancer scares me. This is stupid, I know. Death is a part of life. I should know that more than anything. But...it scares me, it scares me more than anything.

***

"Uo-Chan! Hana-chan! Why are you here!" I cry, as I open the door to my friends.

"To see you, dummy! What's this about the hospital?" Uo-chan asks.

"I have a lump. In my breast" I tell her.

"Oh, Tohru! Are you ok?" Hana-chan asks.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me!" I say.

"Well, We're coming with you" decides Uo-chan firmly.

"Thank you so much! You really don't have to!" I say.

"Tohru, we want to," Hana-chan says, smiling.

I smile. I have the best, most caring friends in the world.

"TOOOHHRRRUUUU!" calls Shigure from inside the house. "Come on! We're going to the hospital."

***

The doctor lady said I'd get my test results in about a week. She said the chances are that it's nothing, but it's better to get it checked out.

Kyo-kun and Yuki-kun came with me. They seemed very worried, and I kept reassuring them that it was probably nothing.

Shigure-san insisted that I shouldn't cook dinner, but I told him I must. Everyone's doing so much for me and I must earn my keep, after all. I'd feel bad if I didn't do anything like I was taking advantage of them. If I didn't do anything, I'd feel like I was taking all the kind things they've done for me for granted. And if Mom taught me anything, It's that you shouldn't take anything for granted.

Dinner was Ramen. It wasn't much, but I was so tired... recently I've been really tired. Ever since I fell ill really. Oh well...

Momiji-chan kindly said he'd stay with us until my test results come back. I love Momiji-chan; he's such a good friend. Kagura-chan came as well for a bit! Kyo-kun wasn't very happy to see her, though. I wish he'd like her more, she's really a nice person once you get to know her. A bit like Kyo-kun, when you first meet him, you think he's short-tempered and mean, but deep down, he's kind and caring.

My feelings for Kyo-kun are slowly changing. Whenever I see him, I get a strange, warm feeling in my heart. I don't know if I love him in that way, I need time to figure it all out. But whether I love him or not, I will always be his friend. Kyo-kun really needs a friend right now. Anyone who'd been through half the stuff he's been through would need a friend.

I'll always be there for the Sohmas and I'll always be a friend when they need one. Always. It's the least I can do. Because they've done so much for me and I will always be grateful.

I have to be grateful, don't I?