Akito part 2

My copy of THE LAST VOLUME OF FURUBA! ^^

IT'S THE FINAL CHAPTERRRR! 

Kidding. There's one more to go after this, an epilogue. Then I'll write a quick author's note to say thanks to everyone who has supported this book. Get ready for a ton feels, so get your tissue boxes ready! 

Thanks so much for reading this, and please vote and comment! 

~Blue 

It's cold. 

I am bitten by the bitter chill of winter as I stare outside my window. 

Sparse clusters of snow lay on the grass pathetically. I glare at it, unimpressed by mother nature's measly effort. 

I've always loved snow. When I was little, I would delight in running outside with Shigure tagging alongside me to build snowmen when it snowed. We each would build one. 

We made them to look like us. A older snow boy stood beside a short snow girl. Afterwards, we would nag the others into having a big snowball fight with us. That was probably the best part. I was always on Gure's team, while Hatori and Ayame fought us. 

"Akito! Watch out!" Yelled Shigure as Tori's snowball hit me. Dazed by the cold, I stood there for a second before screaming "I'll get you for that!". Then I picked up some snow and patted it into a ball with my gloves and hurled it at him. 

"Incoming!" I warned. 

The snowball catapulted into Tori's face, and he accidentally knocked Shigure over while falling over. Shigure, unable to resist the moment, grabbed mine and Ayame's coats and pulled us down with him. We all ended up in a heap, howling with laughter. 

My fingers were numb with cold. My heart was warm with happiness. 

I miss those days. 

*** 

"Sir?" My servant is holding the telephone. 

"Yes?" I reply. 

"There's a young man on the phone for you." He informs. He passes me the phone. I hold it to my ear. 

"Akito." Yuki Sohma addresses. 

"What do you want?" I ask. 

"It's Honda-san. Tohru. She's... she's missing." He replies. His voice is shaking, and he sounds as if he's about to cry. 

"Oh." I don't know what to say. 

"Have you seen her? Please... please..." I can here his muffled sobs. 

"No. Go... Go away!" I shout. 

No, no, no! I want to make things right! I have to make things right! 

I'm sorry... 

"SIR!" Yells my servant,  loudly. 

"What-what is it? Don't interrupt me!"  I scream, angrily. 

"There's... there's a girl on the roof." He says like he can hardly believe he's saying it. 

"A girl?" I rush outside, and Tohru Honda is standing above me. 

"Akito-San!" She cries. She looks so thin. And tired; there are large dark circles below her eyes. Her hair is sparse and there's a bald patch on the left side of it. She's sobbing. 

"What the hell are you doing girl?" I cry, outraged by what is happening. 

"I'm sorry" She whispers.