1. Birthday Party

"Meg, hurry up! You are going to be late to your own birthday party." Josh yells outside my bedroom door.
"Be right there I just have to change." I yell back.
I hear his footsteps as he goes down the hall to his room. He probably knows I am lying but I need a few minutes to myself. My birthday is tomorrow, I will be sixteen. Every girls dream right? Not mine. I will be enticed to a warlock who I may or may not know. They will be able to read my mind and feel my feelings. That terrifies me to no extent. I have a secret and like most secrets in this world. My secret can get me killed.
"Meg if you don't get your ass out here within the next minute I will personally make sure you have extra training this week and you know Simon won't take it easy on you." Josh yells as he walks in my room. I quickly open the door and exit my en suite while pulling my dress straps over my shoulders.
"Here zip me up, please." I say and turn around in my floor length red ball gown. Josh quickly zips my dress up and turns me around to face him.
"You look beautiful. I can't believe my little sister is going to be sixteen." Josh says and hugs me.
"I'm not that little" I say as I pull away to get my matching red shoes. I slide the heels on and Josh and I walk out of my room. We walk down the hallway where our rooms are along with Liza's and quickly make our way to the palace's ballroom. Tonight all my friends are allowed in the palace for this party. We call the house that most of the hunters use the palace. From the outside it looks like a farm house but inside looks like a castle. It's our inside joke. The building is actually an old castle but we had a warlock put a glamour on it to hide it from the humans.
"There is the birthday girl." My best friend Katie yells when she sees me. I run over and hug her like I haven't seen her in months when in reality I saw her yesterday.
"Happy Birthday Meg." Katie's boyfriend Daniel says quietly from beside her.
"Thanks Daniel." I say and give the dark haired boy a hug.
"Hope we didn't miss all the fun" Jamie says as she walks up and hugs me. She has her brown hair looking amazing. Beside her is Hunter who looks like he might run out the door any second.
"Not at all." I say just as Josh comes up beside me.
"There's my girl." Beau nearly shouts as he picks me up while hugging me. Beau is a warlock but he hasn't been enticed to anyone yet.
"Okay let's not make Meg puke on her birthday." Josh says from behind Beau. Beau gently sits me back on my feet.
Suddenly I feel arms wrap around me and I tighten every muscle in my body. I notice Josh's eyes widen and I laugh knowing who it is by his reaction.
"Look who finally decided to show up." I tease.
"Only because it is your birthday." Luke says in my ear I smile and turn to hug him.
"Whatever I know you came for the cake." I say loud enough for the others to hear and pull away.
Luke is a warlock too he and Beau are best friends and when Luke and Josh were enticed Luke and I became friends instantly along with Beau.
"Come on let's eat cake then." Katie says and we all laugh. Katie looks like a Barbie doll especially with her long blonde hair and black eyes but she eats enough to do fifty people for six months.
"Let's go." I say and we link arms and I grab arms with her and Jamie and we basically skip to the dining hall.
We all sit down at the table and I look at Luke and smile. He snaps his fingers and cake appears in front of us all at one time. Josh and Beau look at him like he has committed a felony. Katie, Jamie and I laugh at their faces While Hunter and Daniel just dig in.
"You know you aren't supposed to do that." Beau scolds Luke.
"The rule is don't use magic in front of humans. It says nothing about humans who know our secret." I say and Beau starts eating. 
Everyone is silent while we eat our cake. When everyone is finished we all go out into the ballroom we all start dancing wildly. After we are all tired of dancing we go sit down in the living room.
Our living room consists of the only television in that is in the main rooms. It has leather sofas and books line the wall. Well books that are safe for humans to see. We sit scattered across the sofas and in the floor. Josh hands me a box that is wrapped nicely.
"Open it first." Josh says and I nod.
I tear apart the paper and open the box. Inside is a beautiful dagger with carvings across the handle. I notice the markings symbolize strength, agility, and focus. I reach across Beau and hug him.
"I love it, thank you." I whisper in his ear.
"Okay mine next." Katie says.
She hands me a large box and it has a note on it.
Meg, happy birthday I love you to the moon and back. P.s. you can't be mad at me because you did the same to me for my birthday. Love you, Katie and Daniel.
I tear off the paper quickly and make a mess with it. I pry open the box and it reveals four tank tops just like the ones I wear all the time in different colors and four pair of black pants. Plus a pair of black combat boots that will come up to my knees and a pair of converse that are black and white.
"Oh my god thank you Katie I love you so much." I scream and jump across the room to hug the life out of her.
"I'm glad you like them." She says while I sit on her lap, I turn to hug Daniel knowing he picked out the converse.
"Okay I hate to break this love fest but you are opening ours next." Jamie says and Hunter hands me a bag.
I pull the tissue paper out of the bag and see three books and they are part of this series I was dying to read.
"Oh, thank you guys, you know I was dying to read these." I say hugging them
Luke hands me two swords but a type I have never saw before. They have a curve in them. They look like they would be killer to fight with. I jump in his lap and hug him quickly then just as quickly back to my place beside Beau. Who says nothing but hands me a small box. From the size I can tell it is a jewelry box. I rip the paper off and open the box. Inside is a necklace with my name written in cursive and a pair of swords on the edge. I smile and hug him.
"Thank you, I love it." I whisper in his ear before I pull away.
"Okay early day in the morning children off the bed." Simon says from the doorway. We all say goodnight and head our separate ways.

The Demon Huntersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें