12. Truth

"No, she has more power than she should even being enticed." Erik says.
"Are you saying she is part witch?" Samuel says.
"That is exactly what I am saying." Erik says.
"That would mean Mary cheated on Joseph, but who is her father then?" Samuel says.
"Rumor is that Seth Gray has a daughter. I assume it is her, but if it is true then she has no clue how powerful she will be with her partner at her side. They would be unstoppable. You need her at your side if you plan to kill all the hunters." Erik says.
"She would never agree to that." Samuel says. I realize we have everything we need to know right now and that they are not going to say anything else useful.
"Damn right she wouldn't." I say as I walk through the door. Josh smartly stays hidden.
"Meg, lovely to finally meet you. I'm Director Jones." Samuel says.
"I would say it's a pleasure but I'd be lying. Seeing as you just admitted to arranging my sister's' murder with the leader of the vampires." I say and cross my arms. Subtly wrapping my hand around my dagger.
"Well you know your choices, and you know our plan so what are you going to do? Join us or die?" Erik says.
"Neither." I say and turn and walk towards the door.
Erik is in front of the door before I take one step. I pull all my energy into my hand like Beau had said before. I wait for Erik to get close enough to touch me and I grab his hand and push the energy into him. He lets a yelp of pain out and flies backwards. He crashes into a wall and falls to the ground. I sprint out the door and Josh is directly behind me. We run to the kitchen and the others must see the panic on our faces.
"Run now, talk later." I say and we run to Daniel's truck. We climb in in the same places as before. Erik and Samuel run outside just as everyone is in. I snap and my guns appear in my hands. Beau rolls the windows down and I turn and start shooting at them as we speed down the driveway.
We are all silent as we speed to the apartment. I keep clutching the gun looking behind us every so often.
"What the hell happened?" Luke asks sounding panicked.
"They are planning on killing all the hunters and taking over everything. They were working together the whole time. Also Samuel ordered a hit on the group of kids that got killed. He was furious with Erik because Liza was killed. He said Josh and I were his top hunters and that I was more powerful than anyone knew. He said that together we would be unstoppable with our power. He said something about me like I wasn't going to join them or something. Then I jumped out and ran my mouth. They know my secret. They suspected before but they know now because I zapped Erik." I say without taking a breath.