6. Drive

Everyone jumps into their cars and Beau and I slide into mine. Once I get in I push the button for the top to go back and put on my sunglasses. I turn the radio on and set the volume so I can hear it over the wind.
"You feel that?" Beau asks once we get to an older part of town.
"Yeah you call Luke and I'll call Katie and tell them to hang back if anything happens." I say and grab my phone.
I dial Katie's number and she picks up on the first ring.
"Hey." She says cheerily.
"Hey I don't know what is about to happen so hang back for a bit okay?" I say and she agrees. I hang up and look at Beau.
"What'd Luke say?" I ask when he hangs up.
"It is a greater demon and magic won't work on it." Beau says.
"Okay switch with me." I say and set the cruise control and stand up in my seat. Beau stands up and grabs the wheel and we swap places. He quickly sits down while I stand up looking through my weapons bags. He swerves causing me to fall in his lap. I laugh and stand back up. I grab several daggers and place them on various parts on my body. I grab a belt and stuff several guns in the holders and then grab an axe and keep it in my hand. I grab another dagger and gun and hand to him.
"I can handle myself you know." He says.
"It makes me feel better knowing you have some kind of failsafe." I say not meeting his gaze.
"Fine." He grumbles but slides the gun in his waistband and the dagger in his boot.
I sit back down in my seat, both of us fully armed. I cross my arms and gaze out the window. Beau looks at me suppressing a laugh.
"Oh please laugh and I will test this axe out on you." I threaten and his smile disappears.
I grab my phone and call Josh.
"Nice switch you two pulled there." He answers.
"Yes it was lovely. Are you driving?" I ask.
"No. Our switch wasn't as bizarre as yours." He says.
"Okay you got your weapons belt with you?" I ask.
"Yes." He says.
"What are we looking at?" I ask.
"Greater demon. Not sure what kind to be sure but I see you have everything covered." He says and I can hear the smirk.
"We will see who lives through this." I say and laugh.
"Pull off at this park up here and we will find out what's going on." He says.
"Okay." I say.
"He said follow them, they are going to some park." I say.
I text Katie telling her to follow us.
The park was only a couple minutes away. I am out of my car before Beau has it in park. I see Luke glamour us as soon as Daniel pulls in.
"Damn Meg what did you two pull back there?" Hunter asks.
"Switched places." I say simply.
"There is two of them. Both headed in our direction." Beau says.
"Okay we need a plan." Josh says.
"How about all four of us take my car. We put our stuff we don't need in Josh's car and the others go to the apartment and wait for us. They can only sense us four. If we keep the top of my car down we can have better fighting maneuvers." I say and the other three nod.
Luke and Beau grab our bags while Josh and I grab more weapons and stuff the rest in Josh's car. Josh hands Hunter his keys and tells them the address. Beau still has my keys so I hop in the front seat. Josh and Luke crawl in the back seat and we're off.
"Luke keep the glamour up. If anyone sees us we are fucked." Beau says.
"Okay." Luke says and we are silent.
"Josh when they get here what's our plan?" I ask.
"Don't die." Josh says and I laugh.
"Great plan." Luke says looking uncertain.
"Well looks like it's time to put that plan into action." Beau says.
"I got the one on the right." I say and we both stand up.
I reach in the floorboard and grab the axe I had earlier. I straighten back up in time to swing the axe up and across the demon's neck. It makes a disgusting sound. The demon swipes around at me trying to hip me. It manages to brush my arm but I ignore the tingling. I continue to swing the axe around. I finally reach and grab a silver dagger that has too many blessings to count on it. I stab the demon in the chest with the dagger and it explodes. Leaving black gunk everywhere.
I look over to see Josh covered in the same gunk as me. I sit back down and try to slow my heart rate, just as Beau pulls into a parking structure for what I assume is the apartment we are using.