16. Practice

I wake up before Beau and realize we ended up cuddling in our sleep. I smile and start untangling myself from him. I slip out of bed and put my running outfit on and tiptoe down stairs. It is almost four in the morning so no one else is up.

I decide to run and see what I can find since I have a whole before everyone else will be up. I run until I get to the mountain a little ways past the house. I run up it and realize there is this huge rock. I immediately start climbing up it. Once I get to the top I look around and I can see the whole area. In the distance I can see the city but the neighborhood we live in looks beautiful. 

After a few minutes I climb back down the rock. I run back to the house and run our usual path before I go inside. Of course Josh, Luke and Beau are up.

"Where have you been?" Josh asks.

"Went for a run." I say and grab a bottle of water and join them at the table.

"You left at three thirty where did you run to the nearest city?" Beau asks jokingly.

"No there is a mountain in the distance and I ran to it and climbed up a big rock I found which has a beautiful view then I ran our usual path." I say.

"How far was all that?" Luke asks.

"About ten miles give or take." I say and his eyes look like they might pop out of his head.

"Are you even human?"Luke asks.

"Only a third." I say and we crack up.

"Good you're up. Are you ready to get started?" Seth asks.

"Yeah let's go." I say and jump up.

"Have you ate yet?" Seth asks.

"No." I say while the others nod.

"Eat." Josh says and I grab a banana and jog down stairs. I basically inhale the banana.

"What's first?" Beau asks.

"First I am going to teach you how to draw from the others power. Josh this will be harder for you and Luke then Meg and Beau. I want you to focus on their power and pull it into you." He says and we both do as he says.

It takes a couple tries but we eventually get it. Pretty soon he is teaching us how to throw balls of magic and more fighting skills. We spend about two hours learning new things with magic.

"Okay now to the telepathy. I want you to think of a word and push it towards the other person in your mind."

"You are going first." Beau says.

"Okay." I say.

I think of the word blue. I push the word to Beau and wait.

"Blue?" He asks after a minute.

"Yes. Did you guess?" I ask.

"No it's like hearing your voice in my head." He says.

"Okay your turn." He says.

I wait and focus on him. After a while I hear as plainly as he would speak 'Is it lunch time yet?' I laugh and look at Josh and Luke.

I look at Beau and focus on saying yes.

"Will this always take this much focus?" I ask.

"No it will become second nature to you. You all want to grab some lunch before we start sparring?" Seth asks.

"Yes." Beau shouts and runs up the stairs.

"Where are the others?" I ask when I get to the top of the stairs.

"They said they were going to go shopping and then for a run." Josh says.

"Okay who is cooking?" Luke asks.

I snap and lasagna pops up on the table. Everyone's eyes get bigger. I laugh.

"That answers that. It actually looks good." Luke says and we all laugh.

We are all silent while we eat. Luke and Josh keep giving each other looks and I know they are talking through their bond.

Did you notice it too? I hear Beau in my head.

Yes. What do you think they are talking about? I ask.

I would rather not know. Beau says and I spit my water across the table at Josh.

"Ugh. Seriously Meg? What the hell?" Josh yells even though he is laughing.

"Blame Beau ." I say and snap and he has on a dry shirt and my empty dishes are gone.

"Is it really that easy for you to do this?" Luke asks.

"Yeah. If I want it to be specific it takes a bit more concentration but for the most part it doesn't." I say.

"Everyone finished?" Seth asks.

"Yeah what's next?" Beau says.

"Sparing against me." Seth says.

"Who's first?" Josh asks wearily.

"You." Seth replies heading into the basement.

Josh has a look of horror on his face.

"Why me? You three have natural powers." Josh says as we head to the basement.

"Maybe he wants to beat you up." I whisper.

Seth beats Josh with ease. Next Luke goes and Seth ends up beating him but not as easily. Beau takes a little longer but still gets beat.

"Meg, your turn." Seth says.

"Okay." I say and walk to the middle of the room.

He is doing the same thing every time. Dodge left first. I hear Beau say in my head.

Seth throws balls of light at me and I dodge as quickly as I can and we continue this pattern for a while. After a few minutes he adds in some punches and kicks. Pretty soon we are going full all out mixing magic with violence. After about ten minutes he finally manages to hit me full on with a ball of magic causing me to fly back and hit the wall. I try to move but he has me held in some kind of spell not letting me move.

What is he doing I ask Beau.

A spell of confinement. Focus on moving your arms and slowly work to your whole body but don't give him an idea of what you are doing. You will have the upper hand. He says and I do as I am told.

As soon as I am sure I can move my entire body I pull all the energy I can and keep it in an invisible ball and when he looks away I throw the ball at him. He seems caught off guard and falls to the ground. I quickly put my knee on his throat and hold him there.

"I have to say I am surprised you got out of that." Seth says.

"What can I say. I am full of surprises." I say and walk upstairs.

I take a quick shower and fall into bed. I am asleep within seconds of laying down.