8. Sparing

I wake up the next morning to someone shaking me. I open my eyes to see Josh standing over me.
"Come on we are finally going spar." He says and I slip out of bed not waking Beau.
I glance at the clock and see it is four in the morning. I snap and I am in yoga pants and my tank top. Snap, ponytail. I walk out of the room and see Josh in the living room waiting for me.
"We should move all the furniture back." He says.
I snap and it is all gone.
"There." I say as Beau and Luke come into the now empty room stretching.
"What are you two doing up this early?" Beau complains.
"Fighting." Josh and I say together.
"Ugh." Luke says as they slide down the wall.
"You two want to join?" I ask.
"The sun isn't even up yet. Why would anyone want to do any form of physical activity?" Luke asks.
"Well you can go back to bed." Josh says.
"Sure, like you two won't be making the loudest racket ever in ten minutes."
"Then stop whining before I kick your ass." I say.
"Like you could." He mumbles.
I simply walk over to the wall he is sitting against and he moves looking like he regrets saying anything. I reach down and grab his ear pulling him to a standing position.
"Do not doubt my abilities to kick ass." I say and twist his ear before I release him.
"You ready?" I ask, acting like the last minute hadn't happened.
Josh doesn't reply. He jumps into action. Swings his arm at my head as I duck. I kick him in the thigh he grunts and swings at me again. We continue to swing, dodge and kick for about a half an hour. I decide to change tactics. I watch as Josh goes to punch again and grab his arm. I twist it around until it is bent at a weird angle. I then take my foot and make him fall to the ground all in a matter of seconds. Josh groans as I sit on his back.
"I win." I announce.
"Seriously how did she get you on the ground that easy?" Luke asks.
"Want to find out?" I challenge.
"I'm good, thanks." He says and I smirk.
"Meg could you let go of me now?" Josh says.
I jump up off him and snap my fingers. A chicken sandwich appears and I start eating. Luke and Beau both shake their heads.
"Where is the furniture?" Jamie asks.
"Why is Josh on the floor?" Hunter asks.
"Josh and I decided to spar and he got beat." I say answering both questions.
"Who has sex at five in the morning?" Katie yells.
"No one." Luke says and we laugh.
"Josh." I say and he turns red.
"He really does." Luke mumbles and apparently the only one who heard. So while I laugh until my sides hurt everyone else looks at me like I have lost my mind.
"Where is the couch?" Daniel asks.
I snap my fingers and everything is back where it should be. Although the coffee table is sitting on Josh now.
"Seriously?" Josh yells.
"Not my fault." I say as he wiggles out from under it.
The phone suddenly rings and I grab it.
"Hello?" I say.
"Meg it is Simon." Says the voice on the other end.
"Simon, it is only five thirty in the morning. What's going on?" I ask.
"There has been another call that came in last night, you all need to get to work before someone else gets hurt." Simon says.
"Someone else?" I ask.
"Yes. There was a homicide about a block away. I sent four FBI badges with your names on them. Dress appropriately and head on down there. They are holding the scene for you." Simon says and the line goes dead.
I put the phone down and look up. Everyone's eyes are on me.
"Death, a block away. Simon sent badges we are going to check it out. He also said dress appropriately." I say and walk into my bedroom.