2. The Secret

My alarm goes off at four AM. I slap it and roll out of bed. I quickly put on my yoga pants and a tank top and go to the track that is outside the palace. Quickly I start running around thinking about today.
In five hours my will life change. My secret will come out. I wonder who will be the warlock I will be enticed to. I know that they say that I won't have magic but what will happen when their power plus mine goes through my body.
I quickly snap out of my thoughts when I look at the clock hanging on the wall. It is almost five I quickly rush in the house and run to my room.
When I get inside I go through my morning routine of showering and brushing my teeth. A thousand questions running through my mind. What if I am able to do magic on my own? What's the worst thing that can happen?
I quickly focus on my black skinny jeans I have in my closet. I imagine them and imagine them in my hands. I nearly jump out of my skin when I feel the fabric in my hands. Before I put them on I decide to try one more thing. I imagine them on my body. It feels like I drop them but when I look down I am amazed. I smile like an idiot and imagine my red tank top with my black leather jacket over it on me. I grin even wider when it appears on me.
"Meg are you almost ready?" Josh yells at me and I nearly leap a foot into the air.
"Yes I will be right down." I yell back.
Quickly I image my hair in a ponytail and it immediately goes into one. Oh my god I can actually do magic. I imagine my black boots and cellphone and both come to my hands. I quickly put my phone in my pocket and slide the boots on.
I basically skip down the hall and into the dining hall. Josh, Luke, Beau and Simon are all in there eating breakfast. I quickly sit down and grab the extra plate. Beau gives me a weird look but shakes his head. I smile and continue to get my plate.
"Someone is in a good mood today." Simon point out and I grin.
"Got up on the right side of the bed this morning." I say and Josh snorts.
"What?" Beau and I say at the same time.
"Nothing but we both know why she is so happy all of a sudden." Josh says.
"Has nothing to do with that but thanks for the concern." I say and grab my plate and take to the kitchen.
I look at the coffee pot and see it's empty. I grab a mug and imagine it full of coffee. I smile when it appears full. Suddenly I hear a gasp from behind me. I spin around quickly to see that it is Luke and Beau. I nearly drop my coffee in surprise.
"What the hell was that?" Beau whispers to me.
"Nothing." I say quickly and rush to my room.
To my dismay they follow but now Josh is with them. I run into my room and sit on my bed dreading the conversation that is about to come.
"That most definitely was not nothing." Luke says as they all three pile on my bed.
"What the hell how did you do that?" Beau asks.
"I don't know for sure how I done it." I whisper as I get up and shut my door.
"You made coffee appear in a cup." Josh said it and sounded very skeptical.
"Is that the first time it happened?" Luke asks.
"No today was the first time I tried anything but I done it this morning getting ready." I say my voice barely audible.
"What do you mean?" Josh asks.
"This." I say and imagine myself in my blue skinny jeans and black tank top. My outfit instantly changes. I watch all three faces. Josh looks utterly confused and Beau looks amazed while Luke looks like he is about to hug me.
"How the hell?" Josh asks slowly.
"Okay story time but you can't tell anyone. Swear to me." I say and look them all in the eyes.
"Yes." They all say but at different times.
"My dad is a warlock and my mom is a hunter." I say quietly.
"Umm how the hell is that possible we have the same dad." Josh says even though it is obvious it isn't true.
"She cheated on your dad." I whisper.
"Oh." Josh says sounding hurt. It's not like I blame him.
"Josh and Liza have the same dad and he was a hunter too. I never told anyone about mom's affair considering it would do more harm than good. Since mom and Joseph were killed along with some other hunters in an explosion a couple years ago." I say but I can't get Liza out of my head. Liza was four so she hardly remembers them but it doesn't stop the now six year old from asking when mommy is coming home.
"Wait is that even possible? For her to have a kid with a warlock?" Luke says.
"Obviously so." Beau says.
"But what happens when she gets enticed?" Josh asks anyone.
"They find out my secret and I get killed." I say.
"Why do you say that?" Beau asks me.
"Because it is against the law for a warlock and hunter to be together and their kids are either killed or kicked out." Josh says when I don't say anything.
"Oh come on she out ranks everyone her age and half the adult hunters." Luke says and I almost laugh.
"Doesn't matter to them I am not a hunter or a witch. You all know it's true. After today it won't matter." I say and look at the clock.
"You never know. Maybe they won't find out." Luke says.
"Oh they will find out because you can't keep anything a secret after you have been enticed." Luke says and Josh nods in agreement.
"Shit." I nearly shout when I see the clock. It is fifteen until nine. I jump off the bed and rush to my closet.
"What are you doing?" Beau asks as I search through my closet quickly.
"Trying to find my damn pants." I yell back annoyed.
"Seriously." Luke says and laughs along with Beau pretty soon Josh joins in and I stand there looking at them blankly with my hands on my hips.
"You can zap up a cup of coffee but can't find your pants?" Josh says.
I just imaging my black pants and leather jacket leaving my tank top on. They continue to laugh as I imagine my eyeliner and mascara on. Then my boots.
Just to mess with Josh I imagine a pink dress and blonde wig on him with full make up on. He stands up just as I have the full image then I imagine it on him. When it appears on him we all crack up leaving him speechless.
"What the hell?" Josh yells.
"Oh I think you look nice." Luke say and I smile.
"Which one of you did this?" Josh nearly yells again.
I imagine him back to normal and he instantly changes back. He immediately looks at Luke.
"Was that you?" He asks and Luke raises his eyebrow at him.
"Why would I want that disturbing mental image?" Luke asks.
"Meg?" He says as he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.
"Josh we have to go." I say and he sits me down.
"Okay but you have to fix your hair first."  Josh says.
I snap my fingers and my hair is instantly straight.
"Let's go." Josh says and holds his arm out to me.
"You going with him?" I ask Luke.
"Nah but I will probably see you there. I have to be in a meeting soon." Luke says and he and Beau share a look.