5. Assignment

"Meg wake up. Meg. Wake up!" I hear Beau saying while shaking me. I slap my hand around lazily trying to hit him. He just grabs my hand and pulls me up.
"What time is it?" I ask.
"Four AM" Beau says.
"Oh joy." I look around the room and see there is no one around. I snap my fingers and my yoga pants and tank top is on. I smile and step out of bed.
"Where are you going?" He asks.
"To run laps. Want to come?" I ask and snap again and my track shoes are on.
"Sure." He says and snaps. He is now in a pair of ball shorts and old tee shirt.
"Let's go then we only have an hour." I say and his eyes widen. I bounce down the stairs and across the lawn onto the track.
"How many do you usually run?" Beau asks.
"As many as I can in an hour." I say and he gives me a look.
"Oh don't complain you woke me up." I say and start jogging and decide to keep this pace for a while.
"True." He says from beside me.
"What did I miss yesterday?" I ask.
"Nothing major. We all just came inside and I put you in your bed and then Luke and I worked on some spells." He says.
"Josh?" I ask and he grins.
"Complained the whole evening." He says and I laugh.
"I'm glad it was you." I say and he smiles at me.
"Same here." He says and we speed up.
"I am going to assume no one knows about that dream you had then? Josh didn't seem to have the full story yesterday." Beau says.
"No one knows but you. Josh knows I was in the house when it was on fire but that is it." I say and look at the clock. It is fifteen till five.
"Where are you going?" He asks as I run to the bars.
"To do pull ups come on." I say.
"You do this every morning?" He asks.
"This body doesn't look like this from doing nothing babe." I say before I think.
"Whatever you say." He says as I start pulling myself up while keeping my legs bend in front of me like I'm sitting.
"What made you get up at four A.M. to come run with me anyway?" I say.
"Josh told me if I didn't wake you up you'd be grumpy all day." Beau says while struggling to pull himself up.
"He was right. Straighten your legs out in front of you make an L with your body." I say and look at the clock. Only five more minutes.
"This just makes it harder." He complains.
"That's the point. Come on we have to clean up before breakfast." I say and we rush inside.
"You stay here last night?" I ask.
"Yeah but my room shares a bathroom with Liza. Mind if I use yours?" He asks.
"No just let me shower really quickly." I say.
He sits down at my desk and I run into my bathroom and turn the shower on and take a really quick shower. I snap and my usual black jeans and red tank is on. I snap again and my hair is dry. Snap, straight. Snap, makeup. Snap, boots.  I open the door and see Josh, Beau and Luke all on my bed.
"Morning sleeping beauty." Josh teases.
"How's the side?" I ask.
"Okay that was fair." Josh says and Luke laughs. I plop down on my bed as Beau goes into the bathroom.
"How was running this morning?" Luke asks.
"Fine." I say and lay on my back.
"You two seem to be getting along pretty well." Josh says I roll over on my side and give him a look.
"Really want to play that game?" I ask.
"N-no." He stutters and turns red.
"Didn't think so." I flop back down and Luke laughs.
"So sparing after breakfast?" Josh says.
"Yes." I yell and jump out of bed about the same time the bathroom door opens and Beau walks out.
"Looks like I'm just in time." Beau says while drying his hair with a towel.
"Come one slow poke I want food." I complain.
"Can I at least dry my hair?" Beau asks.
I snap and his hair is dry.
"There happy?" I ask and run out the door and down the stairs. I skip into the kitchen and see Simon, Liza, Jamie, Hunter, Katie, and Daniel. I stop suddenly and Josh bumps into me.
"What the hell is going on in here?" Josh asks.
"Sit and eat we can discuss this after you all eat." Simon says.
I shrug and skip to the seat beside Katie and grab a plate I shovel food on it and scarf it down.
I pick my plate up and put in the sink when I sense someone is behind me. I turn to see Beau and smile. I look back at the coffee pot and see it is empty and look back at Beau. I snap and it's full.
"Be careful, don't want anyone to see you." He says while pouring two cups. He hands me one and we walk back into the dining room.
"Where did you get coffee? There wasn't any this morning." Simon says.
"It was in there I just assumed you had made it. I guess someone else did." I say while shrugging and drink some of the warm liquid.
"I guess so." He mumbles. I look at Josh and he gives me a disapproving look. While Beau is hiding a laugh.
"So what's everyone doing here on a Friday morning anyway Simon?"  I ask.
"There has been many reports of supernatural activity in the south part of town. I need you four to go and look into it. The only thing is that the apartment we have for you to stay in is twelve bedrooms and it would be weird for four people to have that much room. So we thought your friends could stay with you while you look into it." Simon says and Josh and I nearly jump out of our seats.
"When do we leave?" I ask.
"An hour, so hurry and go pack." Simon says but I am up the stairs before he finishes. I hear everyone behind me but I just run in my room and look for my suitcase.
"Seriously?" Beau says.
"What?" I ask. As everyone but Josh and Luke comes into my room.
"You're doing it again." Beau says.
"What?" I ask.
"Searching." He simply says.
"What are you two talking about?" Katie asks.
"Oh he is only talking about this." I say and snap. My suitcase is on the floor in front of me. Snap, door closed. Snap all my clothes that could possibly fit in my suitcase. Snap, my backpack full of toiletries.
"What. The. Hell?" Jamie asks.
"Part witch but you can't tell anyone only you all, Josh and Luke know." I say and they all nod.
"I will be right back "I say and skip down the hall. I walk past several doors until I get to Josh's.
"Josh are you almost ready?" I yell through the door.
"Just a second." He yells back and swings the door open suitcase in each hand.
We walk down the hall and I grab my bags. Beau has his and Katie has my backpack. Beau and I throw our things in the trunk of my car and Josh and Luke throw theirs it Josh's BMW.   
I head back inside the palace and head to the weapons room. I rush around grabbing three bags for me and stuffing swords and daggers in one bag. Making sure to get the ones Luke got me. Axes and bows in another bag and my many weapons belts and other holders in another one. I throw all three bags across my shoulder and walk outside. Everyone is outside waiting for me when they see me their mouths drop.
"Plan on supplying an army?" Beau asks.
"Just me why?" I ask seriously.
"Damn you have more weapons than clothes." Hunter says.
"Hell yes I do. Now Josh where are we going?" I ask.
"I will drive you follow me." Josh says and I sigh.
"If you drive like grandma I will run over you." I threaten and grab my bags and throw them in the back seat of my car but not before I grab a dagger out and slide in my boot.
"Seriously?" Beau asks.
"I'm not like Josh. I don't intimidate demons easily Beau I'm tiny." I say crossing my arms and he laughs.
"Got that last part right." Josh says.
"Can still kick your ass though Josh. Better watch I will knock you out again." I say and he rushes to his car Luke not far behind him.