4. Ride Home

"There you are I was begging to think you died." Josh jokes.
"Nah just bad reaction to the damn dream. Thanks for the warning by the way." I say and he gives me a small smile and Beau chuckles.
"If I had told you that you wouldn't have ate anything." Josh says.
"Damn right I wouldn't have." I say and we all pile in my car. I throw Josh my keys and jump in the passenger side.
"Was it a dream or a flashback?" Luke asks.
"It was a flashback from when I was eight." I say quietly and Josh gives me a look and everyone stops talking.
I snap my finger and a chicken sandwich appears in my hands and I start eating. Josh doesn't seem to notice but Luke and Beau both start laughing in fits. Josh looks at me to see why they are laughing and realizes what I done.
"Seriously what if I wanted some chicken." Josh asks.
I grin and snap my fingers and an actual chicken appears in his lap. Now we are all laughing except for Josh who is panicking.
"Meg I meant food not an actual chicken. Get it out of here." He yells and I snap my fingers and it's gone.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"Chicken sandwich." Josh says and I snap my fingers and it lands in his lap. He laughs and opens it.
"What about us?" Luke asks while smiling.
I snap my fingers and two chicken sandwiches and four things of fries appear. I reach for some fries while Beau grabs a sandwich.
"Mountain Dew?" Josh asks.
Two mountain dews appear when I snap. Both in our cup holders. I giggle and everyone looks at me like I am an alien.
"This is actually very useful." I say.
"You realize this is against like every rule ever right?" Beau says.
"How is having lunch against the rules?" I ask innocently and Beau rolls his eyes.
"Hey Meg when we get back we are sparing." Josh says suddenly.
"Yay I get to kick your ass again." I say and everyone laughs except Josh.
"Want me to show you how to zap him?"  Beau asks.
"Yes." I scream and everyone winces.
"Focus all your energy into your hand. And when it gets hot push it through the surface." Beau says.
I focus on my energy and put it into my hand like Beau said and when my hand starts to burn I push it towards Josh. It hit him and he passed out causing the car to swerve. Beau and Luke scream and I jump across the console and grab the wheel Luke climbs into the passenger seat and starts working on healing Josh.
"What the hell Beau teach her while we aren't in the car." Luke yells.
"How was I supposed to know it would knock him out?" Beau yells back.
"How does she have that much power?" Luke says in his normal voice.
"I don't know but it is enough to do a lot of damage." Beau says.
"What the hell it was supposed to zap him." I say starting to panic.
"It was." Beau says.
"He will be fine stop worrying Meg and pull into this park up her. Beau glamour the car so I can heal him." Luke says.
Once we are parked I get off of Josh and we place him in the backseat. And Beau gets in the front with me. We are both turned around facing the two boys while Luke heals Josh.
"How the hell does she have that much power?" Luke asks again.
"I don't know. It has to have something to do with her dad. What's his name?" Beau says.
"Seth Gray." I whisper.
"That explains it." Beau says.
"What?" Luke and I say at the same time.
"He was the highest powered warlock in the country. When you turned sixteen his power came to you." Luke says as he leans on the door.
"You okay?" I ask pushing the new information to the back of my mind for later.
"Yes I will be when Josh wakes up he is pulling energy from me and it is going to make me pass out." Luke says matter of factually.
"So is he healed or you can't heal him anymore?" Beau asks.
"I can't if I do then I will pass out and he will get worse." Luke says.
"Can't you draw energy from one of us?" I ask.
"Yeah. But which of you is driving?" Luke asks.
"It doesn't matter which ever one of us will work best the other will drive." Beau says.
"Okay Meg give me your hand Beau you drive." Luke says.
I jump in the passenger seat and hold my hand out to Luke. He takes it and I immediately feel him drawing my energy.
"Beau block her out. The last thing we need is to all be passed out." Luke says.
I can feel my consciousness slipping away slowly. I feel Luke let my hand drop and see Josh sit up coughing.
"What the hell happened?" Josh asks.
"Beau was trying to teach Meg to zap you and we found out she is more powerful than we ever imagined." Luke says as Josh leans into his chest. Luke instantly wraps his arms around Josh. I smile and Josh turns beat red.
"You look like hell." Josh points out.
"That makes me want to zap you again." I say and he laughs. I put my head on the console and sleep the rest of the way to the palace.