10. Attack

As Simon walks in I can sense something is wrong. We all walk to the couches which there are four of. Jamie and Hunter are on one, Katie and Daniel, Simon sits on one and Josh, Luke and Beau on another one.
"Can I get you something to drink?" I ask breaking the tension.
"No, but I have to tell you something. Please sit down." He says. I am closest to the couch the three guys are on so I just sit on the chair arm next to Beau.
"What is going on, Simon?" Josh asks, he is nearly as impatient as I am.
"Well our primary class was outside an old church studying and they were ambushed by some rogue wolves." Simon says.
"Simon, please get to the point. Not to be rude but the day I have had I don't think I can handle storytime." I snap. Everyone eyes widen at my outburst. I feel Beau place a hand on my back subtly.
"It was Liza's class." Simon says.
"Where is this going?" Josh asks. Then it hits me, Simon wouldn't be here if something hadn't happened to Liza.
"Liza was killed." Simon says and I side off the chair arm. I land in Beau's lap not caring that Simon was right there.
"How many was there?" Josh asks.
"The primary class had twenty six students. They now only have fourteen. The wolves killed twelve kids and three teachers." Simon say as he stands up.
"How did the wolves finds them?" I ask. When students were taken out they were in a glamour.
"The wolves waited until the witch lost her concentration and attacked. I'm sorry." Simon says and walks out of the apartment.
I don't know what to do. I can't seem to will my body to move. I am sitting there in utter shock. I feel Beau wrap his arms around me but I can't make my body relax. That's when I feel tears well up in my eyes. I finally break through my haze and let Beau pull me into him. I notice everyone leaving the room all heading down the hall into their own rooms. I can't keep the tears subsided anymore. I burry my head in Beau's shoulder and sob.
I cry until my body aches and my eyes sting. I am starting to drift in and out of consciousness when I feel Beau shift under me. Then he lifts me up and carries me to my room. I let him sit me down on my bed. He snaps and I am in my baggy sweats and a tank top. I slide under my covers. He moves from the bottom of my bed as if he is going to leave.
"Don't. Please, I don't know if I can stand to be alone tonight." I say.
"Okay." He says to my surprise.
He sides under the covers after changing into baggy sweats himself. He wraps his arms around me and I turn and bury my head on his shoulder again. After what feels like ages I fall asleep.
I open my eyes and see that I am on the couch. Did I fall asleep here? As I stand up my foot hits something. Laying there in front of me is Katie, Jamie, Hunter, Daniel, Luke, Josh, Liza, and Beau. I start shaking Katie seeing as she is the closest to me. It takes a minute but I realize they are all dead. All my friends and family are dead. What happened? That's when I feel it.
The strange power they were talking about last night. It is back. Then the front door opens and in walks a vampire. Not one of those stereotypical vampires with the big fangs and cloak. This guy looks no older than thirty and the only reason I knew he was a vampire was because he has the aura around him.
"Who are you?" I ask.
"I am the leader of all vampires, my name is Erik. I own the club called 'The Nightclub,'" He says and jumps towards my throat and as he is about to snap my neck the images disappear.
I sit up screaming. I am gasping for air holding onto my neck. That's when my door busts open. Everyone walks in looking for the treat. I feel Beau rubbing my back and I know he saw exactly what I saw. I slowly get my breathing back to normal.
"What the hell happened?" Josh asks.
"A dream. The power you all felt at that apartment I know what it is." I say and they all look at me like I have lost my mind.
"Why don't you all wait for us in the living room and we will explain in a minute." Beau says.
Everyone slowly leaves my room and I flop back down. Beau slowly lays beside me. He props his head on his hand looking at me.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"No. I want to get this son of a bitch." I say and the sides of his mouth turn up.
"Well let's go." He says and we slide out of bed. He starts looking around the room for one of his shirts but I shake my head and we both go to the living room in our pajamas. As soon as we sit down the questions start.
"What happened?" Jamie asks.
"Why were you screaming?" Daniel asks.
"How do you know what the power is?" This from Josh.
"Guys one at a time." I say and the all nod muttering their apologies.
"Why don't we tell the story and then you ask questions." Beau says and everyone nods.
"I had a dream that everyone was dead then there was a knock on the door and this guy walked in and I felt the same strange feeling I had felt and not registered at the apartment. When I asked who he was he said he was the leader of the vampires and his name was Erik. Then he jumped at my neck and just as he was about to kill me I woke up screaming." I say and lean back into the couch.
"So we are looking for the leaders of the vampires." Luke says.
"That should be easy." Josh says sarcastically.
"It really should." I say and they look at me confused for the second time today.
"He owns a Club." Beau says.
"So you saw it too?" Katie asks.
"Yeah." Beau says and I sigh.
"What time is it?" I ask.
"Ten till midnight." Jamie says.