Chapter 12

"Jade I think it is time!"

I frowned. "Time for what?"

He turned towards me and brought me closer to him almost molding our naked bodies together, he began running his fingers on my bare back. "For you to meet Raimondo." there was a gleam in his eyes and certain reverence in his voice as he spoke his boss's name.

I became rigid. Fear and worry took over me. If I go with him to meet Raimondo, he might figure out who I am and my purpose of being with Emanuele, and that is a risk I am not willing to take, especially when I think I am so close to achieving what I want. As I said before Raimondo is considered to be an intelligent man and if people's assumptions are true, then I will be caught in no time.

"Why?" I asked nervously, lightly tracing my fingers on his perfectly sculpted chest, which still holds the remnants and scars of the fights and violence he has faced. It was a futile attempt to distract him knowing that he liked it when I do that.

"We have been together for two months now Jade. Raimondo is not only my boss but also a father figure. He wants to see you now he knows that we are serious. And you know I can never disobey him." he pecked my lips.

"But...what if he thinks...I am not good enough?" I was out of excuses to get out of the situation or delay the inevitable circumstances. Emanuele respected Raimondo and always carried out his wishes and commands. No matter how many excuses I try to come up with he will carry my ass out. If he has to choose between his boss and me, Emanuele will always choose Raimondo.

His face softened. "He won't do that Jade, he knows how important you are to me. And I will be there with you at all times, defending you and protecting you. You don't have to worry!" he said caressing my cheek.

"Can't we...go another time?" I attempted to dodge it for the last time.

His jaw clenched. "Jade we will go today in the afternoon." His tone expressed finality. I sighed and nodded my head reluctantly.

He noticed my stiffness and unresponsiveness after this and cupped my cheek, lifting my face upwards. "What are you afraid of, Tesoro?" his voice hypnotizing like usual.

"What if he orders you to leave me?"

His eyebrows furrowed. "Why would he do that?"

"What if he does?"

"You know better Jade, I won't leave you!"

"So you are going to go against his orders?" I asked with wide eyes.

He hesitated. "It is better not to think about a situation that will never arise Jade."

I remained silent, deep in my thoughts. I know he was trying to deflect my questions and pestering him more will only make him mad. But the truth is that I was scared not because of constantly thinking about Emanuele's reaction to my truth but dying the very next moment my truth will be revealed. I will have to be a damn good actress in order to be convincing to Raimondo and others.

"You are thinking too hard Jade." he began brushing his lips on my neck and shoulders, kissing them lightly, temporarily making me forget my apprehensions. "Raimondo is not as scary as he seems." He hovered on top of me and continued leaving a trail of hot kisses downwards, making me close my eyes. I know he was just trying to distract me but my mind cannot be in peace now.

I cupped his face, halting his movements and stared deep into his burning dark eyes. "Is my meeting him important to you?" I asked breathlessly.

"Very!" he answered and continued his journey down. His relentless fingers found my center and soon his mouth joined the torment making me lose my train of thought. I arched my back as the vortex of passion and fire ignited in me. Soon I was climaxing into bliss and all my panic went out of the window. I felt him enter me then.