Chapter Six .

YOUR P.O.V

FIVE DAYS LATER

So right now, I'm with August, shooting a music video to 'Benediction' . He recorded the song like 3 weeks ago and he's finally shooting the video for it. Taylor is watching Marcus for me for a few hours. I'm so excited for him, even though I know he's been doing music videos for like 2 years now. I always get excited when August gets these types of opportunities.

"My baby shooting another music video." I clapped for him as I smiled.

"You know we do." August smiled.

"Started off the streets." I sung.

"We would take collection from the fiends." August sung after me.

"People dyin' all around me." I grabbed his hand.

"So I gave you my testimony."

"We were down from the beginning."

"When the world wasn't listening." He sung not as loudly as in the recording.

"Now that I got your attention.."

"Let's us end with the benediction.." We sung softly.

I wrapped my arms around him. "I love your voice. It's so beautiful."

"You sing like a goddess babe. We should do a song together." August looked me in my face.

"Noooo.." My cheek flushed because I was flattered by his comment.

"Come on, we could be like a couple who has albums together and stuff like that. We would be ballin'. Power couple type shit."

"According to E! News, The Wendy Williams Show, and all them other talk shows, we already a power couple." I giggled to myself.

"True. Wendy Williams talk hella shit but she always got good things to say about us."

I pulled away from August. "Yeah, she better because if she say one thing bad about my man. Guess who coming for that bitch?" I flipped my hair to the other side.

He laughed. "You so ghetto bae."

I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever." I said in my fake, Brooklyn accent. He then grabbed my hands again and started to rub on my ring finger.

"August, we ready for you." The director walked up and then walked away to look at a clipboard

"YN, I gotta go. I'll see you in a few." He told me.

"Alright." I smiled but didn't let go of his hands.

"YN."

"You're forgetting something..." I told him, going up and down on my tippy toes.

He leaned in a kiss me on my lips. Before the kiss got heated, I pulled away but I licked his lips.

He chuckled. "See you in a bit." He walked away.

MOMENTS LATER

I was sitting with my elbows on my knees and my chin resting on my fist, lip syncing the lyrics to August's song as August did his thing. Steve, August's manager, walked by.

"Hey Steve." I smiled and waved with the hand that had a fist and then put it back in its position.

He stopped, looked back and smiled. "Hey YN. How you doing today?" He asked.