Chapter Sixteen.

YOUR P.O.V

"So where does your daddy live, mommy?" He asked. We were driving to Taylor's house to drop her off.

"Louisiana." I told him.

"That's where we used to live right?" Marcus asked.

"Yes baby."

"Can we visit him?" He asked.

I didn't want to answer and Taylor saw on my face that I didn't want to talk about it. She turned to Marcus. "Marcus, you want to play games on my phone?"

"Yeah!" He smiled.

"Yeahhhh." She copied and gave him her phone.

I looked at her. "Thank you." I mouthed. She nodded and just drove the rest of the way in silence.

LATER IN THE EVENING

Marcus and I were laying on the couch, watching some cartoons. Marcus was eating some food. My cell phone started to ring. I looked at the phone, it was August.

I picked up. "August?"

"Hey baby, how are you and Marcus?"

"We're good. Marcus is eating right now. How's the tour?"

"It's going great, real great."

I stopped him from saying anything else. "You're sleeping good right? You're taking care of yourself?"

"I'm good baby." He chuckled.

"I'm just checking on you."

"Everything going good at the house right?"

"Yeah, but..uh." I got up and walked into the other room.

"But what?" August asked, sounding worried.

"Marcus asked about my dad today."

"Your dad?"

"Yes."

"Just tell him about your dad."

"Oh yeah, let me tell him how he kicked me out when 17 and pregnant and let me also include how I never saw him again." I mocked in an annoyed voice.

"You know I didn't mean that, YN."

"What exactly did you mean then, August?"

"Tell him about the good times. Don't let him know about the bad stuff, babe."

"I don't want to talk about him, at all. Period."

"I know you don't, just only when he ask. Don't stress yourself over this." I sighed and flipped my hair back. "YN." He called out for me because I didn't respond.

"Yes." I scratched my forehead.

"What's wrong?"

I paused and sat on my bed. "I really miss you."

"I miss you too." August said in his nice, soothing, New Orleans accent. A tear slipped out my eye and I slowly wiped it. "Only a few more months. I'll be back."