Chapter 7 : Ice cream shop

" OK were almost there. " He smiled. I sang along to the tunes he played in his car .(Top) It was a orange Dodge car with a black stripe going down the middle.

I opened the glove compartment . "Oh my gosh." I pulled out a barbie Cd and showed him.

" That's my little sister , April's . You guys can probably meet one day. "

" I would love to find out if this really belongs to her." We pulled into Clara's goodies shop and got out.

" Hi."

" What flavor would you like today?" She asked going through the window.

" Where's Cassandra?" Trevor asked.

" Cassandra!"  A girl came out and lit up and hugged Trevor.

" Hey Trey."

" Hey Kitty."  She hit him in the shoulder and glared.

" You know I hated that name."

" Abby , this is my childhood best friend Cassandra."  Cassandra was tall , slender , chocolate skin color , and curvy frame.

" Cas, this is Abby from school."

" Nice to meet you. What do want to order?"

" What's the rush?" He questioned.

" Are you trying to get me fired? "

" No ."

" Strawberry yogurt , gummy bears , and a cherry."

" OK. Trey?"

" Chocolate . Plain."

" OK , that'll be 2.15. " She smiled ringing us up. I pulled out my wallet at the same time as Travis.

" I'll pay and be the gent. Go find a place to sit , my lady." He told be in a bad British accent. I laughed and walked over to a table that had a good review of the roller ring.

" Here you go." He gave me my gummy bears and ice cream , but no cherry.

" Ew you put your hands in my ice cream. GIVE IT BACK." I squealed.

" Nope." He laughed hopping up from the table. I chased him around the tables until I had him cornered.

" We could do this the easy way or the hard way. Choose."

"Here." He smiled holding the cherry by the stem. I got closer and he stretched his arms in the sky away from me.

" No fair you know I'm shorter than you." I grumbled hopping.

" It's behind your back . Nope in front -"  I turned towards him we were faced to face to face.  I replayed the situation quickly and noticed I was tangled in his arms.

" Umm." He stammered.  We both blushed and I took a step back.

" Here." He tossed the cherry to me and walked off. I walked back to the table and started eating my ice cream again.

There was a awkward silence when he sat down at the table.We kept quiet, sat on opposite ends , and kept no eye contact for 15 minutes. I got frustrated and spoke up.

" We should head to the auditorium. Miss scarlet is waiting. "

"OK." He answered his head bowed to his ice cream. We hopped out his car with our ice cream and walked to the auditorium.

" There are my birdies. We've been waiting on you." She smiled.

" Ready to go at it ?" Ryan asked. He was leading against the piano with his arms crossed.