Chapter 5: Falling/Catching

{Neverland}
Pan stared down the cliff. His eyes squeezed shut as the memories flooded back to him. "Pan..." His thoughts were disrupted by a lost boy. "Leave...." Pan had made this place special no one dared to bother him here. "I just I ..." The boy stumbled upon his words. "JUST GO..." Pan shouted. "You let the boy go now what pan?" The lostboy seemed to grow a pair. "Now?" Pan asked. "Now you see what it's like to fly.." In a swift move he had the lost boy dangling over the cliff.
"He's loosing it..." A soft whisper came from a scared lost boys lips as he faced a troubled Felix. Felix nodded. "What are we going to do?" The boy asked. Felix turned to the young lost boy with a look of bewilderment. "He just threw a boy off a cliff, hell he threw the only person he ever loved off a cliff what are we going to do.... Whatever his crazy ass says unless you want to end up like the last two who questioned him." with that Felix left the trembling lost boy and the troublesome scene. In that moment Pan was truly lost. Felix didn't think he could find any last shred of human in him now. He was truly a demon.

{Storybrooke}
Issabella tapped the edge of the paper with her pen as she wrinkled her nose up. She had been in Storybrooke for two months and away from pan for what seemed just a little over a year. Two months and she had found a new home but at time you felt out of place. She stared back down at the paper fractions seemed so irrelevant after all she'd gone through. Her eyes wondered over to Henry who had easily finished the first page and was speedily going on to the next. Sighing she set her pen down and began to drift off. "How could you not tell me Killian..." Emma's voice was hushed behind the thick wall but the anger was evident. Isabella had just returned from spending the day with Henry. He had taken her out to eat ice cream which had to of been her new favorite thing. "Swan I had a daughter who was the love of my life and then she was brutally taken from me, I never wanted to be reminded of it again." Her father sighed. Isabella suddenly felt a rush of guilt poor over her as she realized just how much her father had gone through and how she shows up the minute he finally finds someone new.
"Were suppose to tell eachother everything Killian I would've understood." She sighed her voice now sounding more empathetic. "Swan I... Just couldn't bear to talk of her.." Before she could hear more Isabella wiped the few tears of guilt and walked into the room wearing a bright smile. "Papa Henry gave me the most wonderful thing today it's called ice cream!" She laughed running into her fathers arms. Each time she hugged him her father never seemed to want to let go. "I'm glad you like it here love..." Killian smiled down at his beautiful daughter as she nodded happily.
She had thought she liked it here. And she honestly did at times. But it was no secret that she didn't fit in. The bell rang signifying that the dreaded school day was over. She watched the others pack up before silently doing the same. "Wait for me outside?" Henry asked as she made her way to his desk. He was working hard on finishing his homework before going home. She nodded sweetly and walked outside finding a bench to sit and wait. She stared out across the school yard there was a line of tree leading into the forest. The trees reminded her of the ones in Neverland. The ones her and pan would spend long afternoons under leading into the dark nights where pan would show her the constellations. Without even realizing it she had made her way to those trees. Her mind yet again began to wonder to a more simpler time.
"There you are...." Pan sighed sitting beside a sniffling Isabella. She only smiled sadly. "Come now don't cry...." Pan cooed sympathetically. "I just forget he's dead sometimes..." She cried as pan pulled her into his chest. "I know but he's in a better place..." Pan gave her an overused sympathy line. He fiddled with her curls with his long fingers. The light shined onto the two of them through the trees. She nodded drying her eyes. "Why don't we play a game?" Pan suggested. He watched her eyes light up the gold and green breaking through the brown as she smiled brightly. He smirked. "Then your it..." He lightly tapped the girl before running of into the forest. She remembered the feel of the rough bark as she ran her hands through the branches running to catch up to pan. As she raised her head to the sun above the same way she did when pan made her laugh. She smiled softly walking through the forest. "I'll get you Peter..." She laughed following him. "Peter Pan never fails!" She heard Him laugh in the distance. "This time he do-" her statement was cut short by her loss of footing. Before long she was falling down the edge of a cliff. "Peter!" She had screeched. Falling had to have been the most common thing she did but still the most terrifying experience she had. She squeezed her eyes shut preparing for impact. But instead she felt a pair of arms wrap around her. "It's okay Izzy..." Pan whispered into her ear. "Open your eyes..." Isabella opened to see the two of them floating gently in the air Pans hand firmly against her the small of her back. The sun was setting down slowly on Neverland as the two silently floated above. Peter intertwined his fingers with hers and slowly began to dance. Isabella giggled a little but kept a tight grip on pan. "It's okay I got you just look at me..." He whispered. She looked up at his bright green eyes. Peter was the only boy she had ever met with such brilliant green eyes. "I'll always catch you Izzy." He whispered lowering his heads to hers.
Henry raced out of the school excited to see Isabella. His heart dropped when she wasn't at the usual bench she would wait. Isabella still didn't know Storybrooke well and he had feared she might've gotten lost or worse. He frantically turned his head to search for the girl. He found her pass the school ward slowly twirling underneath the trees her eyes closed.
He had kissed her. That was the first kiss Isabella ever tasted. From the sweet lips of Peter flying miles above the magical island. "I'll always catch you...." But he didn't. In fact he didn't just not catch her he dropped her over the same cliff that they first fell In love. Isabella felt a sharp pain of betrayal in her heart as she stopped twirling and looked at the ground. A couple of tears fell from her eyes and before she could stop them more followed.
"Izzy?" Henry's voice startled her as she whipped around to bump into the concerned boy. Unlike Peter the boy fell roughly to the ground with her ontop.
"I didn't mean to startle you..." He apologized. Isabella didn't move only laid there atop Henry allowing the tears to fall into his chest. "Hey it's okay... Don't cry love.." He cooed placing a hand ontop her curls. She cuddled her head softly into Henry's neck tightly holding onto him. Henry squeezed her back and fell silent allowing the girl to sob into his arms. "Ice cream?" He asked after some time. Isabella looked up to find Henry's caring dark brown eyes looking down at her. She nodded sheepishly standing up. Henry smiled getting up and following her. Isabella watched Henry intertwine his fingers with hers. Their hands seemed to fit perfectly. Looking back up at him the last tears fell. "Hey now no more of that." He smiled. Using his other hand to dry her tears. She only kept her astonished stare on him. Henry lowered his head to her cheek. "Don't worry we all fall down sometimes, but you don't have to worry about the impact anymore Isabella I'm here now I'll catch you..." He whispered in her ear before kissing her tear stained cheeks.