Chapter 10: The Girl in exchange for The Heart

{Neverland}
Isabella jolted awake surprised to find her self in her old tent. Her stuffed rabbit lay beside her and her old silk pink pajamas on. He let out a exaughsted and disappointed humph remembering the events of last night. She was back. Her mind drifted to just before the shadow took her. To when she was laying in bed beside Henry. That perfect moment when they had confessed their love for eachother. She smiled to herself holding the rabbit to her chest. He loved her...and he'd catch her. She then stared down at the rabbit. It's pink nose and brown fur with floppy ears. A lost boy had given it to her. She thought back to the day. She had been sitting next to the younger lost boy as he explained to her the adventure he had on the island that day. She only smiled as the boy rambled on. "Anyways I found this." He pulled out the adorable stuffed animal. "It's for you, you know since you make pan so happy and a happy pan is a happy lost boy." He smiled handing her the stuffed animal. She held it in her hands softly petting the fur. "Thank you." She almost whispered. The boy nodded smiling before walking off. "Yeah well it's nice to have something of a mom here...." He had said before leaving. Isabella watched him leave in shock. "A mom." She smiled she never thought of herself as a mother, though she did love the lost boys like a family especially the younger ones. She held the rabbit to her chest smelling as the fur tickled her cheek.
Isabella sat down at the vanity thinking about children. She wondered if Henry ever wanted kids in the far future and what their children's names would be. She smiled softly as she picked out a simple light blue dress to wear. She stared at her reflection as she tied the blue ribbon around her waist that fell just above where the dress' flowing fabric would fall above her knees. She thought she would make an excellent mother as she tied up half her hair allowing a few baby curls to frame her face. She'd have to ask Henry what he though.... And then she realized how foolish she was being. Getting lost in the fantasy of being a mother all the while she was stuck here in Neverland. "I need to get home..." She whispered to herself. She had began to leave her tent when she heard whispering outside.
"What about the boy?" A young lost boy asked Felix.
"The shadow can't find his location at this time.." Felix explained.
"But Pan he's getting worse, he'll die if we don't get the boys heart.." The boy began to worry.
"I know... Don't worry we'll get that boys heart." He explained.
Isabella then walked out the tent. "Peters dying?" She asked to intrigue that someone so powerful could fall Ill.
The lost boy nodded and Isabella recognized him as the one who gave her the Rabbit.
"My and here I thought you didn't grow old in Neverland and you seem to be growing taller." She smiled at the boy patting his head. The lost boy Glowed with pride as he quickly hugged Isabella. "That's because the magics running out on the island." The lost boy said without thinking. Isabella looked at Felix with a concerned look. Felix only nodded. She felt her heart drop upon hearing this once magical place would be drained.
She suddenly felt guilty and foolish for caring. But after all Neverland had been a home to her once. She thought for a moment before speaking again. "I want to see him..." She stated to a bewildered Felix.
"I don't know if that's such a good idea Izzy"
"I don't care I want to see him I want to see how weak he truly is I want to see if he's actually dying." She stood firm crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow.
"Fine.." Felix muttered.
The two made their way through the camp and towards Peters Tent. The walked for a while till ending up back at the infamous cliff. "He wanted to be moved here..." Felix mumbled opening the tent for Isabella. She took a look out at the cliff the sun was raised high in the sky and the fluffy clouds made out funny shapes. Entering the tent she was met with a less joyful scene. Pan laid on the bed sweating tossing and turning. "I'm sorry.... Please.... I'm sorry.... I'm a monster." He murmured over and over in his sleep. She stood at the entrance not daring to move closer. "Pan someones here to see you." Felix shook him awake and Peter weakLy sat up. Whatever color that was left in him had drained his once bright green eyes seemed to be dull and lifeless as he exhaled a breath of disbelief from his colorless chapped lips.
"Isabella" he whispered his voice failing him. "Peter." She replied coldly. "I killed you..." His voice cracked between killed and you and water threatened to fall from his eyes. "You weren't very good at it." She smirked. He shook his head in disbelief the tears finally falling as he stared at the girl in a mixture of awe and terror. "I-" before he could say more he began to cough. Blood landed on the handkerchief in his. Isabella's expression softened as she noticed just how bad his condition was. She walked towards his bedside grabbing a towel and placing it in a bowl of water than dabbing the top of his forhead. "Lay back down..." She instructed. Peters eyes were locked on hers. Those golds and greens never faded from them like precious jewels hidden beneath the brown. He had killed her and here she was nursing him. She was too good for him too good for Neverland too good for anyone too good for any world and here she was patting his forehead attempting to cool him down. He did as she instructed and laid back down. She hovered over him wiping his face with the cloth. She dabbed the bit of blood besides his lips. Her heart had faultered knowing this was coming close to the end for pan. Wiping over his dry lips pan watched as her bouncy curls swayed over him. The curls he loved to run his fingers through when calming her down. He reached up and grabbed her hand holding it close to his cheek. Isabella just stood there in a state of awkward confusion. "My Isabella, my poor izzy. I became a monster in front of you..." He whispered staring deeply in her eyes. She wanted to look away so badly she didn't want to accept his apology but she kept staring at his wide green eyes. "I'll never forgive myself for what I did to you my love." He had been crying while saying this and Isabella realized her cheeks were also wet. "You never caught me..." She whimpered. He only nodded. "I should've fucking caught you.." He squeezed her hand snuggling it close to him. He began to cough more and Isabella pressed the handkerchief gently on his mouth. "Rest now Peter." She whispered placing a kiss on his forhead. She then left the tent meeting Felix outside. "I can tell he's happy to see you." Felix said looking back at a soft smiling pan. "He tried to kill me once..." She mumbled. "I know we all make mistakes pans just happen to be deadly." He shrugged. "But he really does love you he hasn't been the same since you left." She nodded. "All you want is Pan happy right?" She asked him. Felix nodded. She thought for a moment. "Then I'll stay I'll stay here on Neverland no fighting no running away I'll stay with Peter. On one condition."
"What's that"
"The boy Henry I know you plan to kill him. Leave him out of this and I'll stay." She had been shaking a bit but stood firm.
"And what is the boy to you..." Felix asked. Isabella thought for moment. She thought of Henry of how he'd always save her of how he'd never made her cry but was always there to dry her tears. How he made here feel deep inside. How the sound of his voice brought butterflies up her stomach. How the thought of his lips made her crave them like some type of drug. How the only thing that would get her through all of this was the thought that he loved her.
"He's my safety net" she shrugged trying hard not to indicate just how much her meant to her. Felix nodded.
"Fine... We'll leave the boy alone then" and he walked away. Isabella walked to the cliffs edge staring at the water below crashing against the walls.
"Even if I fall, I know you'll catch me." She whispered looking down. "So I'll just continue to fall and wait."