Chapter 8: The Storm

{Neverland}
"Tonight the shadow will go tonight..." Felix announced to an anxious crowd of lost boys. A cheer rang through out the camp as the lost boys anxiously waited to help pan. Felix disappeared into pans tent. The fearsome leader was in a deep sickness induced sleep. "Don't worry brother we'll get that boys heart and save you and then you'll be happy again." That's all Felix wanted was Pan to be happy. He knew the lost boys wanted a leader and he knew he could step up to the plate at anytime but he didn't want to leave behind a sick withering away Pan. Felix was as loyal as a dog when is came to Pan. Pan murmured nothing really in his sleep and Felix just nodded before walking out.
Pan tossed in his bed his head coming to rest on the pillow. He opened his eyes staring at the empty space beside him. On the pillow rested the hair pin delicately placed by Felix. Pan reached out and touched the empty space. "Happy again." That was something pan feared wouldn't be possible.
It had been a stormy night in Neverland the kind that rocked ships and sent booming thunder through the sky. Peter was laying in his bed staring up of the ceiling of his tent each time he closed his eyes the vision of Isabella's smiling face in the sun from earlier that day came to him. Suddenly he heard a noise outside the tent he sat up to find a shivering wet Isabella standing at the entrance. She had tears running down her cheeks and her curls were drenched from the rain. "Izzy love what's the matter?" He asked jumping out of bed and guiding her into the tent. She was sniffling as she whispered a simple nightmare. These types of storms always gave her nightmares whether she knew the storm was happening or not. Pan only smiled softly pulling her in for a warm embrace. The girl squeezed him back hard. She continued to shiver and shake in his arms. The storms really did a number on her frightening her near to death with these nightmares. "Come now let's get you out of those wet clothes." He helped her pull the nightgown over head head and wet curls. He wrapped her up in a blanket and sat her down on the beds edge as he searched for a shirt for her. Upon finding one he helped dress her as if she were a child. "That's better..." He smiled as she nodded sheepishly. He could tell she was still shaken from her dream. "How about you sleep her tonight?" He suggested and she nodded again. Peter laid down with Isabella following. She quickly laid next to him her arms wrapped right around him as he covered the two of them with a warm comforter. "I was so frightened Peter..." She whispered into his chest as he played with her curls. He tightened his grip around her waist pulling her closer. "It's okay love your safe now." He cooed kissing the top of her head. "You didn't love me, you were so cold and cruel to me Peter I hated you and you hated me." She cried explaining her dream. Peter lifted her chin up gazing into her eyes. She rested her head on the pillow beside him and he rested his head on her forhead. "I could never not love you Isabella Jones." He whispered. "Never?"she asked staring into his green eyes. Her hazel eyes were wide with doubt catching the moonlight. Thunder boomed through the sky causing her to jump. Peter tightened his grip around her as she held onto his chest. "Never" he whispered before kissing her sweetly on the lips. She kissed him back slowly then all at one pressed into him with more force. "Never ever?" She broke away looking at him anxiously. "Never ever." He smiled. She smiled too. Her tan face in the moonlight was stained with tears. She pressed her lips against his again eagerly kissing him with all the power she had in her small body. She was absolutely intoxicating the way her hair felt scrounged up in peters hands as he held her close deepening the kiss. How her small hands would wrap around the nape of his neck slightly tugging his hair. The way he could feel her toes curl against his legs each time there tongues met. She was so small yet had so much power over him. Like a drug.
And now all Peter had to face the withdrawl symptoms of loosing Isabella. But even worse he had to face the pain and guilt of knowing he was the one who didn't just let her go but killed her. The one who wiped the most precious girl off the planet. The one who is at fault for the emptiness in the bed beside him. Instead of some curly haired girl there's just a stupid pin and painful reminder of the love he destroyed.

{Storybrook}
Henry woke to the screaming of Isabella beside him. It had to of only been 2am. He was so confused till he looked around the room to find a shadowy figure over him. "Pans shadow." He whispered causing Isabella to spew out a word of curse words hitting the shadow with her pillow. The shadows eyes turned a glowing red as he reached for the girl. "DONT!" Henry shouted grabbing at the shadow but it was too late the shadow had taken her out the window and to Neverland. Henry's heart had dropped to his stomach as he watched the shadow fly away into the sunrise with the girl he had loved. He thought of how he's have to explain this to her Father and how he'd have to watch as Killian Heard the news that the daughter he had just found to be alive again was now taken back by an evil spirit to an evil Land with an even more evil boy. He only sat in the bed hating himself all over again. He was supposed to be her hero. He was suppose to be the one who caught her but instead he let her fall right into the arms of a demon. Tears fell from his eyes as he hung his head low. Looking down he saw the hair pin twinkling in the moonlight. It was gold with flowers and pearls she had been wearing it before the demon took her. He held it tightly in his hand swearing he's never give up on finding her