Chapter 12: "I'll Catch you"

{Neverland}
Isabella awoke in the same tent that next morning. She took her time getting ready choosing a lilac colored blouse and black skirt to match. She gently combed through her hair with her fingers and finished it off by adding a pearl headband. Upon finishing her look she smiled in the mirror and sat down on her bed exhaling a long breath. She shut her eyes and imagines her old room on her fathers ship. Hers and Henry's homework on the desk, Her vanity and closest filled with clothes that fit the century of StoryBrooke. Henry sitting beside her on the bed. His fingers intertwined with hers as he kissed her softly. The way his soft had would be placed delicately on her cheek. They'd probably would've just woken up and be on their way to granny's for breakfast. Henry would hold her hand as they walked down the street, then order her a hot chocolate with whip cream and cinnamon. Then they'd walk to school where all day they'd look up awkwardly smiling goofily at eachother the way you do when your a normal young teenager in love. When she opened her eyes Henry's hand was gone. She sighed standing up she walked over to her nightstand. "The Littlest Mermaid" the story of Ariel. That same mermaid who had saved her. She smiled flipping through the pages. She decided this would be a nice book to read to Peter. She walked out of the Tent only to bump into an anxious Felix. "Your up!" He smiled. She nodded sweetly and began to follow him yet again to Peters camp. "I swear ever since he saw you yesterday he's been getting better. He stopped caughing blood and is sitting up. He can even walk now.." Felix said excitedly. "That's good..." Isabella mumbled not paying a bit of attention. Felix stopped just before the tent. "You know izzy I think. Your saving his life." He smiled. "Just call me Isabella the hero." She said sarcasticly before walking into the tent. Felix sat down on a chair near the tents opening and Isabella sat near pan. He was still asleep his chest fell up and down normally and seemed to have a peaceful tone about him. "Peter..." She whispered waking him up. He opened his eyes and groggily sat up staring at Isabella. "I didn't dream it.." He smiled widely at her. Isabella smiled softly back at the boy raising the book up. He nodded. She sat down on the edge of his bed showing him the photos and began to read it outloud. He and Felix listened happily along to the story.
"Mermaids..." Peter smiled fiddling with one of Isabella's curls. she nodded while continuing to read. "Can you still not swim Izzy?" Peter asked. Isabella sat the book down and felt her heart skip a beat. Why had he asked that did he mean to kill her again. "No" she replied hesitantly. Peter smiled. "Let me teach you."
"Your ill Peter." She frowned. He shrugged slowly standing up from the bed. "I think I can handle a quick visit to the water falls." He shrugged. Before long the three were at the falls Peter sitting at the edge of the water and Felix continuously splashing him. "Jump in Izzy" Felix shouted to the girl who was now only in her undergarments. She shook her head. "It's fine..." He chuckled jumping in. She still didn't think it was a good idea for Peter to swim but it did bring his fever down. "Come on Jump!" Pan had encouraged from below. She shook her head in protest. Peter only laughed splashing water at her before pausing for a coughing fit then returning to splash Felix. His green eyes were filled with pure joy and seemed to catch each ray of sun. Though there were bags under his eyes and he was a bit pale pan played it off like he was fine. "Jump Izzy" he demanded. Again she shook her head. "Come on I'll catch you." He outstretched his arms and smiled widely at her. Isabella had been taken a back by his statement. "You promise you'll catch me Peter." She asked in doubt. Peter nodded. Taking a deep breath she flung her self into the cold water. She felt the cold water surround her dainty body as he held her breath. She couldn't believe she had actually jumped entrusting her life in the hands of pan and Felix. Before she could resurface she felt a pair of arms bring her up. Upon reaching air she gasped loudly breathing heavily as she flung her arms around. "Izzy, stop your fine..." Peter muttered between the splashes to his face. She paused and looked up at Peter who holding her. In the water as they floated. His wet hair stuck to his forhead while water droplets fell from his lashes to his dark circles. She felt his legs sofly kick under the water His arms wrapped around her bare skin holding her tight. "You caught me.." She whispered in disbelief. "Just like I promised." He laughed. Felix and Peter spent the rest of the time attempting to teach Her how to swim but hadn't gotten far. "Like this." Felix would say swimming across the lagoon. She would attempt to mimic his movement but soon start to sink only to have Peter pick her up again. "Let's start simple." Peter had finally said after some time. "Just float..." He laid her on her back. "Just focus on breathing close your eyes and float." He explained slowly his hands under her back. Peter admired the girl as she slowly shut her eyes and let out long breathes. Her brown curls spread out around her in the water. The way the water on her tan stomach glistened in the sun. How her plump lips made a little oval as she breathed. She was absolutely perfect and she was still here. Still breathing still alive. In his arms trusting him even after all that happened. Slowly he let go and allowed her to float on her own. It was silent for a moment till Felix began to clap. "Your doing it Izzy!!" He cheered. Isabella opened her eyes to see her body laying still on the water. She began to smile widely then laughed. "I'm floating." She giggled before sinking again. Peter caught her before her head could go under. "Well you're no mermaid but it's a start" He chuckled. Isabella began to laugh tilting her head back so her curls fell down her back grazing over peters arms. The sun shined down on her face as her cheeks turned a rosy color. "No I'm not a mermaid." She smiled brightly at Peter her familiar hazel eyes staring into his. "There's that beautiful smile I've been looking for, not the fake one but the one only Isabella could wear" he smiled causing her to blush even more. All Peter wanted was too see her smile like that all the time. To keep her safe and happy. No matter what.