Chapter 13: The Storm

{Neverland}
The group finally made it to the lands realm only to be met with by a storm. Though it was nothing they couldn't ride out. Henry had snuck away to Isabella's room and laid lazily on her bed. He rested his head on her pillow attempting to inhale her scent. Suddenly he was crying not just tears but actually sobbing. Holding the pillow close to his chest. How could he let this happen to her. After all his promises how could her let her be taken away. He curled up in a ball under the covers and imagined her there with him as he closed his eyes. Her soft curls covering her face only her bright hazel eyes would pop out in the moonlight staring back at him. But as he opened them all that was there was an empty space and he imagined Isabella somewhere in a cage in Neverland shaking with fear because another storm would be going on causing her to have nightmares upon the one she already had. He walked back up to the deck to find his family battling the storm. He sighed. At this rate there's no way they'd find her in time. He couldn't shake the image of a shivering cold and miserable Isabella locked in a cage somewhere. Each boom of thunder causing her to jump as she covered her ears. Before he could change his mind he ran back down to his room. Grabbing an enchanted mirror and a pen and paper he quickly wrote his family a note.

~ The shadow will take me to Pans camp there I'll show you where to come get us I have to find her I'm sorry.
With love,
Henry ~

Turning to the bay window in her room he watched the storm rage on. Quickly he opened the window and muttered the words "I believe" the shadow came from where it had been hiding since they let it go upon reaching Neverland and roughly grabbed Henry flying him through the night sky. He landed roughly in the middle of Pans camp. A young lost boy had been startled half to death upon seeing him.
"Henry?" He asked. "Where Isabella?" Henry stated angrily pointing a small dagger at the boys throat. The boy put his hands up in surrender the. Smirked. "Oh Henry, you really shouldn't of come here." He smiled as other lost boys circles around Henry. "Now we had promised her we wouldn't take your heart but I don't think she'll mind us saving pan." The boy continued. "What do you think boys?" The other boys cheered. "Tie him up." He ordered before turning and disappearing I to a tent.

{Neverland}
Isabella sat besides Pans bed continuing to read the story. It had grown dark now and Peter was slipping in and out of sleep. Felix on the other hand had crashed into a deep slumber on a cot in the front of the tent. She assumed it was because he had needed to carry pan back after he began to faint and cough blood. "I had fun today." Pan weakly whispered before coughing more. Isabella frowned. "You nearly killed yourself." He only shrugged. "It would've been worth it if the last thing I got to see was your beautiful smile." She rolled her eyes. "Don't be melodramatic. " she mumbled as she returned to the book. Before she could get far a clap of thunder rang through the sky causing her to jump dropping the book. "A storms coming..." Pan whispered looking out the tent. She nodded walking over to close the final flap. Another clap caused her to jump again. "I know how much you hate them" she nodded sitting back down squeezing her eyes shut as the thunder continued. "I don't know why.." She mumbled through gritted teeth. "Because the day you fell from the ship it was a storm." Peter said grabbing her hand. She opened her eyes to stare at Peter. He nodded slowly before going. "Then the day I had dropped you from the cliffs was a storm too." He mumbled this one looking away from her ashamed of the memory. "Each time you were meant to die it was a storm." Tears dampened her cheeks as she realized the truth behind her fear of storms. Another clap of thunder caused her to jump. "I don't wanna die..." She cried squeezing peters hands. Peter sat up and pulled her into a hug. Stroking her long curls he rocked her back and forth. "Shh now I'm not gonna let that happen to you okay." He whispered into her ear. She only nodded. Thought the thunder still caused her to shake. Peter pulled her into bed beside him underneath the covers and Isabella allowed herself to curl up into a ball next to him. He held her tightly resting his chin on her head. "It's okay Izzy your safe now I promise.. I won't let anyone hurt you." He cooed. "Here" he placed the small hair pin in her hair as she snuggled up next to him. "I've been saving this for You." He smiled. Isabella felt the hair pin in her hair and slowly nodded. "Thank you Peter." She whispered. Slowly the two drifted off to sleep just as they had down many times before in each others arms.