Chapter 4: 'You are mine'

Don't forget to vote and comment!!! I haven't fixed some errors so sorry about that. I will as soon as possible. Hope you like!

 I never saw Bain today so I waited until dusk dark to go sit with Addie. The weather was perfect for walking too. After the sun went down, it stayed warmer than it has been in the past few days. I brought a flash light with me this time just in case my wolf didn’t show. I needed something to cheer me up since Jessie told me about what Bain did. I ended up crying for a while with my heart broken.

Deep in my thoughts I had only made it a quarter mile when I heard his feet hitting the dry leaves. I smiled to myself and looked to my left where he was approaching slowly. I kept walking and let him catch up next to me.

“Hey there, I’ve missed you,” I whispered putting my hand gently on his head. He cocked his head sideways and licked my hand. I giggled from all the slobber he just left on my palm. I wiped it on my worn jeans creating a darker spot.

We walked silently together as he listened out for anything threatening. When I reached Addie’s grave, the wolf plopped down beside me with his huge head in my lap. I gave him what he wanted by petting him as I talked.

“Well Addie, I thought I would be telling you some exciting news but I was wrong. I went on that date with Bain and everything was perfect. He was being a gentleman and made my night magical. But, this morning I ran into Jessie and she told me about him hurting her sister on purpose,” I said as the wolf lifted his head and whined. He shook his head and licked my cheek still whining.

“What’s wrong boy?” I asked concerned.

He got up and began pacing in a circle around me and Addie’s tombstone. He finally sat back down but not beside me. He sat in front of me staring with his beautiful green eyes. For some reason they looked sad.

“I don’t know what to do. I want to hate him but I can’t. He made me believe he really cared for me but now I know better. All he wants is to just sleep with me,” I said and the wolf jumped up and barked. He was still looking at me like I’m supposed to be doing something.

I got up and dusted the seat of my pants. The wolf waited until I said good bye and began walking quickly down the trail. “Wait up!” I yelled accidentally. He wanted me to walk fast for some reason beyond me. I laughed at him when he barked at me to hurry up. Or it least that’s what I believe he said.

We were almost home when I slowed down and thought of a name for him. “I think I’m going to call you Texas. That’s your new name.” I said happy with it.

Texas groaned with his head down. We made it out of the woods and he stopped to watch me go home. I did after I gave him a kiss on the forehead. By the time I turned around at the door he was gone just like last time. He acted like he didn’t want me out long. It was sweet but something was bothering him and I wish I knew what it was.

I ended up lying down on the couch with Muffin and fell asleep. We were woken by someone knocking on the door. I checked the time and it read ten thirty. Who would be knocking on my door this late at night?

I crept to the front window and looked out. Bain’s truck was parked on the curb crooked. I was in my short bed shorts and tank top. It was too late to change with him pounding on the door now. I sighed knowing I should go ahead and open the door. All my anger from earlier today came back so I slung the door opened to give him a piece of my mind. Before I could say anything, he had me pushed against the wall with his lips on mine. I gave right away not able to deny him.

Bain’s lips were soft but demanding. He was showing me how much he had me. We both needed a breath so he pulled free and gave me some space. As soon as his hands and body weren’t touching mine, I reared back to slap him. My hand never made contact. He caught it one inch from hitting him. He grabbed my other hand and growled in frustration when I tried to use it too.