Chapter 14: Seducing Bain

Chapter 14

YAY! I finally reached number one on the Werewolf list. Thank you all so much for helping me get there. I hope I get to stay longer than a day so please help out by voting and commenting. ILY all!

Kaitlin

“If he sees you're up, he’s going to be pissed,” Connor warned me. “Go back to bed Kit!”

I was standing downstairs in the sitting room that I used as a backdoor a few times, staring out the window. Bain had walked out there getting a cell ready for the witch, Jenna. Kade had called him this morning saying he found her. Bain wanted her questioned here about the whereabouts of Dennis the menace.

“I don’t care if he gets mad or not. I’m not a child, Connor!” I defended, keeping my back to him.

This was the only time I’ve got to see outside in six days. Even though Bain’s backyard was bringing up some bad memories, it was still pretty to look at.

“Then stop acting like one!” he shot back.

I whipped around in the flowery dress I wore today, narrowing my eyes. He was standing in the doorway with a stern look that Bain always gives me. “What is wrong with you two? I’m just bruised and don’t need no more fucking rest!” I snapped.

Connor took three large quick steps and was in front of me. “Yes you do! Your body needs time to heal and it makes us feel better when we know where you are at all times. It won’t always be like this but at least humor us in the meantime.”

“I’ve got this Connor,” came Bain’s rough voice as he walked in the room. He sounded mad already, like he was beyond irritated. Now I felt bad.

Shit! Maybe I do care if he’s mad.

Connor left the room, eyeing me before turning the corner. He wasn’t happy with me either. He was disappointed and it hurt to know. I know I was being difficult but I hated to lie in a bed all day.

“Do I need to tell you where to go right now?” Bain said evenly.

I knew he was about to growl so I just walked off, heading upstairs. He was on my heels making sure I wouldn’t fall. Some women would love this type of attention but when it was constant, anyone would want to pull their hair out.

I made it into the room and sat down on the couch. Bain had supplied me with a pile of books from my favorite authors, a writing tablet, and snacks. He even sent Connor out last night to buy me a few chick flicks. I didn’t have the heart to tell him I loved action movies more.

“Stay in the room, Kitten. I’ve got to go make us something to eat,” he said after he seen me sit down.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. He could leave but I couldn’t? I even thought about punching him really hard somewhere and tell him he can’t leave until he heals. Wonder what he’d do then?

Bain mumbled something under his breath as he left the room. To add to my mood, I picked up the first book and threw it as hard as I could against the wall. It was the hardback kind so it made a small indention on the wall.

Bain flew in the room a second later and narrowed his eyes. “Keep it up Kitten,” he warned.

“Why? What are you going to do about it?” I challenged standing up. “You’re afraid of touching me more than a gentle pat,” I taunted.

I might have gone too far but I wanted the old Bain back. Dennis has screwed up everything for me and it started when I was only sixteen.

Bain shook his head but never moved from near the doorway. “You’ll be healed before you know it and I’ll show you what I’ll do. For now, it might be best for you to stop throwing tantrums,” he warned again.