Chapter 1: Cause and Effect

"What do you mean you won't go to prom with me?", Jack exclaimed as he furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at his 'girlfriend' with wide eyes.

"Well.. you don't pay enough attention to me, you're just using me to brag about and to sleep with.", his girlfriend, Elsa, pointed out.

"Please. Why would I brag about you?", Jack laughed.

Elsa scoffed and squinted her eyes. "You're an asshole.", she said before walking away to her own friends.

He just shrugged it off and chuckled as he walked away, muttering.. "I could find a date. Easy. My date will be hotter than that skank."

---

"Oh, come on, Else.. you called the guy an asshole and now you want to forgive him?", Rapunzel raised an eyebrow at her friend.

"It's just that.. he's the reason I met you guys.", Elsa sniffled as she gestured to Rapunzel and Merida.

"What?", Rapunzel laughed. "I don't even know him! Merida knows him, not me."

"Oh, right. But still.. he's the hottest guy in school.", she sighed.

"Eht was nice cha'tting wid ya. Ahm outta here.", Merida said with a smile and then ran away.

"Ergh! Traitor!", Rapunzel shouted to her. Merida looked back at her and blew a flying kiss, making Rapunzel sigh.

"The point is, Else, he doesn't deserve you.", contorting her face, Rapunzel tried to reason with Elsa.

"Okay.. oh! Oh!", Elsa suddenly bursted.

"Oh, oh, what?"

"You don't have a date to prom, right?!", Elsa smiled.

"I'm not going, I told you.", Rapunzel chuckled.

"That's the thing! You're beautiful, smart and just really beautiful! You're Jack's type! Since we're best friends and all.. why don't you try and get to be his date and then at the prom, you don't show up!"

Rapunzel started laughing at first, but when Elsa didn't laugh with her, she widened her eyes and muttered, "What?"

---

"Did she say you were an asshole?", Hans laughed.

"Yeah, of course, she did.", Jack answered as he smirked and winked at some sophomore girls at another table.

"Ain't the first time a girl called you that, Frost.", Eugene chuckled.

"Ha, beats me. Arendelle is nothing but a bitch.", Jack said, his eyes still locked with a girl from the other table.

"Hey, you can find a date in three days. You're Jack Frost. Coolest guy in town. But, of course, I'm the hottest.", Kristoff joked.

Jack shook his head and playfully hit Kristoff's arm. "Right.", he was laughing when Elsa and her friends entered the cafeteria.

"Shit, it's her.", Hiccup raised both his eyebrows.

"Yeah and--wait, who's that other blondie she's with?", Jack raised an eyebrow as he watched the blonde sit on a table with Elsa, Merida and Anna.

"Dude, are you stupid? Rapunzel!", Eugene laughed.

"I think I've seen her before."

"She's that smart girl on the cheerleading team.", Kristoff informed.

"Nope, I don't know her."

"Amazing.", Hiccup sighed.

"Seriously? You're frickin neighbors, bro. Your houses are like the houses of the girl and the boy in Taylor Swift's music video of.. You Belong With Me. Yeah.", Kristoff laughed.

"I've always known that you were a Swiftie.", Eugene smirked.

"Shut up.", Kristoff frowned and just ate his burger.

"Guys, she's incredibly attractive.", Jack whistled.

Hans nodded. "Yeah, but, listen.. I heard that she turned down a lot of guys that asked her to the prom."

"Well, it's probably because I haven't asked her yet.", Jack chuckled as he stood up and walked up to the girls' table.

"Elsa's still there, right?", Eugene laughingly asked Hans.

"Yup.", Hans said and drank his Coke.

"Son of a gun.", Hiccup exclaimed as he continued eating.

---