Chapter 14: The Talk

Rapunzel placed her phone down on the table and rested her hands on her lap. Her appetite seemed to thin out.

"Hey, Else..." Rapunzel muttered, looking up to Elsa. "Can we talk about something?"

Elsa's brow furrowed a bit in confusion. She could totally sense the sadness in Rapunzel's tone.

"Sure... about what?"

"It's... about Jack."

Jack?

---

"I don't get it. Really. I have never loved anyone as much as I love Rapunzel--shoot, I've never loved anyone like this at all!" Jack threw his hands in the air in frustration.

"I'm not trying to be mean. Just understand that I'm being your friend but... would you really want Rapunzel to be your first love?" Hans painfully asked, patting him on the back.

"Why are you even asking that? Of course I want her to be my first love." Jack frowned.

"Look... Rapunzel has been through a lot. She sees romance as a tragedy after, I believe, what happened with Eugene in the past."

"I don't... have to ask her what happened between them, do I?"

"No, you can't do that. She'll freak out for sure." Hans started. "Maybe... you could ask Merida or Anna. Just not Elsa, she's closer with Rapunzel and will definitely tell her."

Jack leaned his torso over the table and groaned.

"That might be the best advice you've ever given me, Hans." Jack said. "Thanks for standing by me."

The redhead grinned and nodded. "Don't get too cheesy." He couldn't help but laugh.

"Haha, you ruined the moment." Jack sarcastically said before laughing.

---

"What's going on?" Elsa asked.

Rapunzel sighed and leaned into her chair. "Jack told me he loved me. I just said 'I know'..."

There was that sinking feeling again. "What made you say that, Punz?" Elsa asked, a bit aggressively. She knew it was Jack's first time being in love. And if Rapunzel broke his heart, he'd probably go back to being a playboy... and he would never love again.

Rapunzel raised an eyebrow at her as she rested herself on her elbows on the table. "You know what made me say that to him, Elsa! I can't get together with a guy and tell him that I love him the day after!"

"Punz, I know you're vulnerable right now. But Jack's vulnerable too!"

"How would you know? He's probably fallen for a dozen girls already... why should I be different?" Rapunzel scoffed at her friend.

"Girls fall at his feet, Punz. I fell too. But he hasn't. Not for any girl besides you." Elsa tried to explain.

Rapunzel looked at Elsa with wide eyes and with disbelief.

---

"Uhm... hey, Mer." Hiccup greeted his girlfriend laughingly.

"Hang on, Hic! D'yu know where Elsa and Rapunzel are?"

"Uhh, no? Wait, why? Did something happen?" He asked.

"Och, no. Since Anna es going tu da prom, she's findin' a dress right now."

"Oh. Ha, why didn't you say so?" Hiccup chuckled. "You got me worried for a second there, Mer."

"Whotever. Don'cha have a class t'go tu?"

Hiccup narrowed his eyes as if Merida was really there. "Touché, my love. And my next class doesn't start in ten minutes."

"Fine. Ay'll talk t'ya later. Love you."

"I love you too. Bye." He said before hanging up and putting his phone back. Hiccup sensed Kristoff staring at him and sighed.

"What is it, Kris?" Hiccup faced the now flustered Kristoff.

"I-I was just... so... inspired by you guys. Saying 'I love you' to each other seems so easy to say..." Kristoff started which shocked Hiccup. "How do you do it, man?"

"Let me tell you this, bro... you just gotta find the right girl. And when you find this girl, you would have to do things for her, even if they're crazy."

"Really?"

"Yeah." Hiccup answered. "But if you meet a girl who isn't a hard one to catch, she might not be worth your while."

"I understand." The blonde nodded, placing his chin in his hand.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. Just think about it sometimes." Hiccup said before turning his back again.

---

"Come on, Mer! Stop your chitchat with your man candy and find Elsa and Rapunzel!" Anna exclaimed as she pulled Merida up from sitting.

"...'man candy'? Who are yu?" Merida muttered looking weirdly at Anna. .

"I am your worst nightmare, sister. I open Dracula's coffin in broad daylight, I put out Hades' fire and open the gates to hell." Anna monologued.

Merida grinned a bit but sighed as she just rolled with Anna's current mood. Even if Anna went cray cray, Merida would understand. After all, Anna did have the biggest crush on Kristoff and would want to look good for him.

"Ya amaze me, Anna. Really." Merida commented as they were both standing outside of a Burger King, which Anna informed would be an ideal place to find Elsa and Rapunzel eating at or something.

"Really? Thanks." Anna simply said as she had her head popped out from the corner, her blue eyes searching for two blondes.

"Aha! Found them!"

---