First day or worst day

Hours later after falling back asleep you wake up and grab your new Hufflepuff robes and go to take a shower. When you get out you look at your alarm clock, 7:30. So you decide to grab your wand, put it in your sock and grab your books and head down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Once you get down there it's completely dark and there is nobody in sight until you turn around and there is one of the Professors standing right behind you. He had greasy black hair that went down to his chin, onyx black eyes, and he wore all black robes with a cloak that draped over his shoulders and part of his arms and he spoke with a velvety monotone voice.

"What exactly is a Hufflepuff first year doing up this early?" he asked.

"Er...uh.....what time is it exactly? My clock said that it was 7:30."

He replied and looked at you like you were crazy. "IT'S 6:00 IN THE MORNING!" he snapped.

"I-I swear I didn't know sir, I'll go back to my dorm I-If-"

The Professor stopped me and pointed in the direction of the Hufflepuff common room . "Leave before I give you detention, and fix that clock!"

You scurried back to your dorm room and started to fiddle with your alarm clock until it read the correct time and sat on your bed.

What to do....

You decided on reading a book and grabbed one from your bag and read until it was actually time to go to breakfast.

When you arrived you sat next to Asher and started to pile food on your plate.

"Morning." he said.

"Say Asher, do you have any clue as to who that Professor is?" You said slightly gesturing to the man you had run into earlier that morning.

He glanced over to the Professor that you had gestured to and shrugged. "I haven't got a clue, but I'm sure we'll find out later in our classes."

"Say, is your clock working ok? Because I came down here when mine said 7:30 and I nearly got detention."

"Yeah, mine is working fine, how did you almost get detention?"

"I was actually up at 6:00, my clock was an hour and a half ahead, and the Professor I was talking about nearly gave me detention for it."

"You got lucky then, I guess."

Breakfast shortly ended and you and Asher had to go to your first class- flying with Madame Hooch.

The two of you walked out to the field bickering to one another until you reached your destination, setting down your bags on a bench and walking over to where Madame Hooch and the brooms were, standing to the left of our brooms next to one another.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson, first years. Now, I want you to follow my instructions and not go ahead." Madame Hooch explained.

~Shortly~

You and Asher were the first two to get the hang of flying and get full control, but shortly, your broom started to act strange and began to fly on it's own path, soon you were headed straight to a window.

Your broom, as if not wanting to get destroyed by the glass and the impact- stopped suddenly and you went flying into the window with your face smashed against the glass. 

From inside, Professor McGonagall looked straight at you and seemed to sigh. You gripped the edge of the window to avoid falling and Madame Hooch had to get you down.

"What in Merlin's beard do you think you're doing? Crashing into windows?" 

"I'm sorry Madame Hooch, I swear all of the sudden it started moving on it's own and made me crash."

As you landed and got off, you heard a couple snickers from some Slytherins nearby. Madame Hooch made sure you weren't injured and you and Asher went on with your day.

When you were on your way to your 5th class of the day with him did he mention your accident.

"What do you think happened to it?" he asked, knowing neither of us had an answer.

"Who knows." you replied as you entered the gloomy classroom.

You and Asher took two seats in the front next to each other and pulled out your books and quills right when Professor Snape stormed in (like normal).

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class." He reached his desk and turned towards the class "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few...who possess, the predisposition...I can teach you to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." he looked at you, taking notes and coughed.

"Ahem, Miss (l/n), since you aren't paying attention, I suppose you already know where to get a bezoar?"

You look up at him, realizing he was the same Professor from earlier, slightly frowning from embarrassment. "You get a bezoar from the stomach of a goat and when used properly in a potion, can cure most poisions."

He looks at you and slightly raises his eyebrows. "Seems we have someone who thinks they are so smart, tell me, what does a Herbicide potion do?"

You beamed at this "Herbicide damages or kills plants, sir."

A couple more questions later (all of which you had answered correctly) class ended and Professor Snape asked you to stay after. Gathering your things and telling Asher to go to DADA without you, you slowly walk towards Snape's desk.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" you asked.

"Yes, or else I wouldn't have kept you back. (l/n)." he snapped. "How is it that you know so much about potions that 6th years are learning about in N.E.W.T.S potions? Do you know?"

You offered a simple shrug "I just had a lot of free time to study, sir."

With a sneer, Professor Snape stands behind his desk, leaning forward to be at eye level with you. "I've been told that knowledge at that level either comes from skill... or ... age..."

Seeing you be taken aback by his latter statement, he slightly smirked, then went back to his normal poker face. "You are dismissed, Miss (l/n)."

Not hesitating, you get your bearings and head off to DADA.

~Later, at dinner in the Great Hall~

After a long first day at Hogwarts, you and Asher sit down and without uttering a single word, you completely pigged out, not caring that everyone else at the house table may have been staring.

"Are you two okay?" you heard an unfamiliar voice say.

You looked to where the source was and saw another first year staring at us eat in question. You nodded and attempted to introduce yourself with a mouth full of food.

"Hurro, I'm (f/n) (l/n)." You hold out your hand and the boy shakes it after Asher introduces himself.

"I'm Bosco, Bosco Kane." the boy said. He had shaggy dirty blond hair with dark brown tips and hazel eyes.

The three of you talked until dinner ended and walked back to the common area together and stayed together becoming good friends until it was time for curfew.

((Chapter 2, complete, hope you liked, if you wanted to know what your wand looks like then my answer is that you get to choose whatever wand you like. I did want a certain wand but couldn't find the image, be nice to Asher and Bosco now, as well as Derek, they are my OC babies. Adieu!))