Bullets and birds

You jumped.......

Spreading your arms or your sides and your legs practically glued together, time seemed to slow. Everything was a blur. Was this what it was like to have an adrenaline rush? Or to be 50 feet from death.

You felt yourself become lighter and fly away, leaving the henchmen to stare at the concrete below.

You seemed to land on the dumpster that was in the ally, it stunk of rotten eggs and year old vomit.

Shortly after, the henchmen got in a circle in the alleyway, confused as to why you had jumped.

You cawed from the dumpster edge and one of the men, this one being slender and partially bald, pointed a gun and as you held up your arms, he shot and you fell into the dumpster, feeling dizzy and taken aback.

"Stupid bird." He muttered.

"Stupid waste of a bullet, you half wit. What's the boss gonna say when we tell him we lost her?"

You felt yourself grow and the pain from the bullet wound dull a bit.

"Let's go, before the cops arrive and we get sent to that mortal prison Azkaban!"

After hearing the men run off, you tried to get yourself out of the foul smelling container only to fail and make your injury hurt more.

Taking in your surroundings inside the metal can, you noticed a few black feathers with your blood on them. Picking one up, you practically cheered.

I'm not dead! It worked! My animagous form didn't fail mid-air!

Right then, you heard footsteps coming towards the alleyway fast, the snow crunching under the persons' feet.

Deciding you didn't want to sleep in a smelly dumpster, you spoke up.

"Help......me....." You croaked, trying to stop the blood from gushing out of your wound.

To your surprise, Professor Snape's head poked over the dumpster and stared down at you.

"What the hell are you doing?" He said harshly. Then he noticed that there were feathers around you and you had been shot. "You have a story to tell I suppose." He gestured to the roofs of the surrounding buildings.

"Yeah, I got lucky, didn't think I'd live. Came down here and the guy shot my arm, fell in here."

Carefully, the potions master lifted you out and carried you into his house, careful to not touch your bleeding arm or let anyone see.

Setting you down on the black couch, he grabbed a rag soaked in water and dabbed your wound.

You took off your heavy coat and finally saw where it was. The bullet had penetrated your right shoulder and had thankfully gone straight through.

"Why were there feathers?"

"I'm an animagous, it's a raven."

This made Snape raise his eyebrows, then, noticing he showed emotion, lowered them again.

"You'll have to take your arm out of your shirt if I'm to tend to it, Miss (l/n)."

Hesitating, you sighed and slowly took your injured arm out of your black collared shirt, untucking it in the process.

Thankfully you had a black tank top on underneath the shirt.

Cleaning the blood from your shoulder, the Professor finally broke the ice "so why are you going around getting shot at for?"

You pressed your eyes shut in pain as he started cleaning with peroxide, the sting almost making you pull your arm away.

You shrugged with your good shoulder and Snape sighed.