You Can't Ignore Me

It's been a couple of days into the new school year and Severus is ignoring and avoiding you at all costs. You figured it was about time to have a bit of fun with the circumstances.
You hopped up from your bed and got dressed in your newly fitted uniform, thinking of how you were going to mess with Severus.
I've got it. I should put some Babbling Beverage in his drink. You thought, grinning like an idiot at the thought of Severus having to teach while speaking utter nonsense.
You hopped over to your shelf of potions and ingredients and picked out the one vial of Babbling Beverage you just happened to have for some odd reason and laughed to yourself. This was going to be good.
You stashed the vial in your sleeve and went off to breakfast. Seeing that Severus wasn't there yet, you poured the potion in his goblet subtly- so no one would suspect you of course. Then you waited for him to show up.
Not even a minute later, Severus comes in, sits beside you- still not acknowledging your presence, and began to eat breakfast. He reached for his goblet and drank deeply, after he set his goblet down, you noticed his eyes widen a bit.
He went to talk to Professor Flitwick and all that came out was Babbled nonsense.
"The tuRkEy is at tHe dOOr." He said.
You barely suppressed a laugh as he left. Probably to try and fix the problem. (Who knows if there's an antidote).
Asher looked over and noticed you laughing and your eyes met. You signalled him to come to your table.
"Hey, (f/n), what'd ya need?"
"I need you to take this." You pulled out a small camera. "And plant it on the wall of Professor Snape's class. I know you have him first in the morning so I'm trusting you to do this."
"What is it for?" Asher examined the micro sized camera.
"Well, this is between you and me. But I put Babbling Beverage in Snape's drink, so I'm trying to see what happens through his classes. I'll share the video with you if it's any good. Think you can get it in his room?"
"Easy as pumpkin pasties!"
"Perfect. Thanks a million, Asher. Just don't let anyone see you place the camera."
With that, Asher went back to his table and you continued to eat in peace.
Later that day you were monitoring the halls and helping first years that were lost when Peeves showed up.
"What do you want Peeves?"
All he did was cackle and dump a bucket of water on you along with a TON of glitter- which you considered yourself allergic to since you hated getting on you. (Sorry if you like glitter, this is just a thing. (Also, this is 100% me right here, I don't like glitter to get on me soo......))
"PEEVES!!" You dashed down the corridor soaked and covered in assorted colours of glitter. "GLITTER!!! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!!" You slipped from your soggy shoe and felt a crack from your jaw as you hit the floor.
Sighing, you pulled out your wand and fixed your broken jaw bone and managed to get the glitter off of as well as drying your clothes. You shuddered, still feeling the presence of glitter on you.
The bell rang for students to be in class and you watched as the hall emptied quickly.
I never have work to do except the occasional dungbomb... I wonder why Dumbledore gave me a security job anyways, Hogwarts is safe with or without me just the same... I guess I'll have to ask him myself
With a destination in mind, you headed towards the headmasters office, mumbling the password at the griffon and climbing the stairs at a fast pace.
You knocked on the door and a voice from inside welcomed you in.
Dumbledore was sitting behind his desk, surrounded by small stacks of papers.
"Hello, (f/n). What brings you here today?" He asked.
"Well" you said, grasping the back of one of the chairs in front of his desk. "I was wondering. Why did you give me this job? Hogwarts is already safe as it can be and you always have the professors in the halls making sure nobody is skipping."
"Well, allow me to let you in on a secret. Ever since Severus' days at school, I've noticed you following him and making sure he was safe- to a certain extent. And I knew that you probably wouldn't want to leave him and Hogwarts behind. Truth is, you're a lot like his guardian angel."
You scoffed (not to be rude of course) "More like his guardian demon. Besides, he decided that he doesn't need my protection now all of the sudden."
"I see. Then perhaps, you would be happy if I sent you on a mission."
"A mission? What kind of mission?"
"If you choose to accept, I will be sending you to the American wizarding school Ilvermorny undercover to master the art of wandless magic. I shall send for you when it is time to return. Keep in mind, this may take a few years and you won't be able to leave to visit anyone here. You also cannot blow your cover that you're from Hogwarts and that you're...you know...you."
"I'll start packing, sir. When do I depart?"
"In two days time, first I'll send you all your supplies since you've already missed the beginning of term. And yes, you can bring your broom. You'll be enrolling as a second year."
"Thank you, headmaster. How will I be getting there?"
"All the information will be inclosed in the letter I will send you tomorrow. Have a good day, (f/n)."
"You too, sir." You left the office with a newfound joyful ness.
You made your way back to your office and started packing your potions and ingredients when you noticed some missing ingredients. They were the specific ingredients for Amortentia.
Deciding to be safe rather than sorry, you grabbed an antidote and tucked it in your pocket. You had no clue as to who may have stolen the ingredients but whoever it was didn't go unnoticed.
Later at lunch you sat in your usual spot and smelled the most wonderful scents. Freshly cut grass, dry stone, river water, and burning firewood. You found the source of the scents to be from your drink and you automatically knew it was the Amortentia.
How did they brew it so fast? Wait a minute...
You thought back to earlier when you were packing and realised that the ingredients weren't the only things that were missing. One of your Amortentia vials was missing, but you hadn't given it any thought until now.
That's how they did it.
Bosco seemed to be looking over at you and the goblet a bit too much to be normal, so you decided to fake taking a sip of the drink and you raised an eyebrow at him.
You signalled for him to come to your table and whispered in his ear: "It's not gonna work Bosco, I saw you stole the ingredients from my personal stores and I could smell it. 5 points from Hufflepuff. Don't try that again." Five little diamonds raised from the Hufflepuff house point glass and as Bosco sulked back to his table Asher and some of his friends glared at him for losing points.
Completely forgetting about the love potion in the moment, you took a sip and your eyes widened.
"Whoops." Funny thing was, you didn't feel any different than before. Had the potion been a dud? No way, your potions are always correct! But you had the sneaking feeling Bosco wasn't really the one who put the potion in your drink...
((Alrighty then, looks like I'm gonna end the chapter here. No worries, I'm gonna be writing more since it's the summer and I'll write drafts whenever I can. As always! Adieu! - admin, Moony, and the Lost Boys))