Another day, another bother

Eating breakfast in silence, nobody bothered to ask if something was wrong, they just minded their own business. Even the all curious Snape.

Afterwards, you went to your office to brood on your dream and the unexpected visit from Vince.

"Why that blasted scumball Vince. Rotton maggot...." You continued your list of insults for the man until you ran out.

You started pacing in front of your desk, pondering what he could've meant by war and losses, then there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." You chimed with fake enthusiasm.

The door opened and to your surprise, Snape walked in.

"I wish for you to join me in the Defense Against the Dark Arts class today. The regular Professor is ill and I'm taking over for today."

"And why do you want me there?"

"You know about the history of demons better then anyone else, with you being one of the smartest I presume."

"Fine. But if anything comes up, I will not hesitate to leave."

Severus turned to leave when you stopped him.

"Severus."

"Yes, (f/n)?"

"Do you remember the girl who visited you when you were about... I'd say 5 years old. And you promised to be friends with her? The girl who returned your stolen books to you? The one who always looked after you while attending here, whether it was direct or not?"

He paused for a moment and thought about it.

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"She's still here. I know it."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I may tell you some day, but not now. Besides, we need to get to that class you mentioned."

The two of you exited your office and walked to the DADA room, you stood beside the desk, and Severus walked around and began the lesson.

"Now, since I am no expert when it comes to the subject of demons. I have brought Miss. (L/n) since she has an extended knowledge of the subject."

Walking to the center of the room, you began.

"Now, who can tell me the name of the demon king?"

Nobody raised their hand right away, but after a moment, one kid did.

"Ah, yes. What's your name?"

"Peter. I- I would like to take a guess at the answer."

"Go ahead then."

"......Vince.... The demon king?"

"Correct! Good job, Peter."

The Ravenclaw second year grinned and you continued on with the lesson, Snape leaning against a desk in the back of the room, watching intently.

"Now, who knows the legend of the demon who didn't pass their trials?"

A Slytherin raised their hand.

"The legend says that a half demon, half time lord aced all of her trials except for the very last one, the only one that didn't require using your mind- killing a what they call "mortal" child. She didn't kill the child and was marked with a stamp that has a skull, a sword, wings, and the number one to mark the only one who didn't kill."

Another student- a Gryffindor- continued.

"And from then on, they called her "The Half Lord." These events took place 100 years ago in the demon homeland. Rumor says that The Half Lord attended Hogwarts and passed everything. Kind of like-" you covered the kids mouth before he said anything else.

"That's good. Now-"

The window closest to you shattered and Vince, wearing his demon king outfit, along with two of his henchmen, bounded through and started towards you, first and second year students either staring in shock and shouting "DEMON KING!" Or running to the door to get out.

"VINCE! I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE!"

Severus finally got the door open and students ran out at the speed of light. Then he ran to your side and faced Vince.

"Ah, I see you've brought some fresh meat for us!" He jeered.

"Never. Call. Him. Meat." You lunged at Vince, tackling him to the floor as you started to beat him with a book you grabbed mid-air.

"RUN SEVERUS! DON'T LET ANYONE IN!"

Obviously not taking orders from you, he hexed the two henchmen as they were about to tackle you.

Throwing you off, Vince got up and brushed off some dust.

"No need to get violent, m'lord."

"That's starting to get old, you know." You said, using Expelliarmus to throw him against the wall.

"And that's why I use it."

Growling, you hold him by the shoulders, regardless of the fact that he, and everyone around you were taller, and drag him to the window.

"Stop. Being. So. Bothersome. And tell me a couple things before I throw you out this window. One: why does the council want me back so badly that they have to send you? And two: why do you have to show up at the worst times?"

"One: you're powerful, important, and in some cases, admired for your abilities. And two: it's merely a coincidence."

"Buh bye." You shoved the demon king out the window and watched as he flew off with his wings, then you did the same with the henchmen who were on the floor in a daze.

"It was you. You're the one who promised to be my friend. The one who returned my books. The one who looked after me. After all this time?" Snape asked from behind you.

"Always." You replied.

Then he did something unlike himself. He embraced you in a big hug and lifted you at least a foot off the ground.

"Thank you." He said in a muffled voice, still holding you up.

Someone opened the door and entered, closing the door behind them.

"Are you two too busy for me to ask what exactly happened? Or are you almost done?" Dumbledore asked.

Severus quickly let you go-gently of course- and stood straight. You doing the same.

~afterwards~

You had both told Dumbledore exactly what had happened and he nodded.

"Tell me next time he visits, (f/n), don't wait."

"I will, sir."

"Good, you both are dismissed now."

Leaving, Severus went back to being his grumpy old self and you retreated to your office.

Once you got there, you entered your quarters and started brewing an anti- demon potion (one that you had come up with yourself).

Once it was finished, you poured it into a spray bottle and sprayed it all around your office and quarters, so it would keep Vince out and smell nice as long as it was working.

((Hey-o! Sorry for the late update, this may sound cliche but I've been busy with school and stuff and just.... Stuff. Follow me on Instagram if you want daily fandom photos! OCraner! As always! Adieu! -admin and Moony))