Happy Christmas... I guess

You woke up the next morning- Christmas Day, on the carpet in front of your fireplace with a blanket around you. Confused, you groggily struggle to stand up with fuzzy spots clouding your eyes.

"I don't remember laying on the floor... or starting a fire for that fact."

You nearly had a heart attack when you heard a voice from your couch.

"I know, you were going to freeze on this couch of yours."

Turning to the source, you instantly sneered. It was Professor Snape again.

" Why are you here at-" You paused and checked the time "7:30 in the morning on Christmas Day sitting on my couch while I'm sleeping on the floor?"

"Because I need answers and I need you healthy and alive to answer." he replied.

"And you couldn't wait for tomorrow?"

"Where are your parents?"

You tilted your head and narrowed your eyes at him when he asked this question. "Out of town, why do you ask? And answers for what?" you snapped.

"Questions, what else, Miss (l/n)?"

"Like what?"

You sat across from Snape in a black leather chair, almost blending in.

"How do you know and understand such advanced magic when you're only 11? A first year."

"I already told you, I'm just naturally smart, and it's not like I live in a place where I can't study and learn ahead of time." you could've sworn that you saw Professor Snape roll his eyes when you said this.

You glanced over at your Christmas tree and frowned, it looked like the one from Charlie Brown Christmas.

Then you get up and walk to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

You leaned over the kitchen counter and looked at Snape sitting on the couch. "Why bother trying to investigate your superstitions, Professor?"

"Because I can, and I must know how a first year can answer N.E.W.T level questions without hesitation or mistakes."

"Well I already answered." You replied as you went to check on the food.

Hearing the front door close, you smirked, he had finally left.

But to your surprise, when you walked out with your plate of breakfast food and cup of hot chocolate, Snape was still sitting on the couch and the long haired blond that had been inside of your house the night before was sitting by him in the black chair.

Setting your plate and cup down, you sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose.

"Who the hell is he?" you asked, clearly talking about the blond.

"Ah yes, excuse my rudeness." the blond stood up and walked over to you with his hand out. "Lucius Malfoy."

You didn't shake his hand. "And why in the name of Harkness is he inside of my house?"

"No need to be rude, (l/n)." he said "'He' is right here."

"Please leave, this isn't a family Christmas party."

He scoffed and sat back down. "I thought you said she was a bit nicer, Severus."

You looked over at Snape, so Severus was his name.

"Lucius, even I'm wondering why you're here, that was a one time thing." Snape said.

Lucius rolled his eyes and left, obviously annoyed by how he was treated.

"You hired him to break into my house and steal things while you snuck around spying on me?"

Finally, since the Professor clearly didn't have a good explanation, he left, just as Lucius had.

~after the boring silence of eating breakfast~

You finally had the chance to sit by your Christmas tree and open the two gifts that were under your tree.

The first gift box was from Asher unwrapping it and cutting the box open, you pulled out a pair of black combat boots and a matching pair of gloves, immediately putting them on.

"How did he know that I needed these?" you whispered to yourself.

The other package was from Bosco, opening it, you pull out a TON of blood pops and Bertie Botts every flavor beans.

You were hoping that your owl had been able to send them their gifts by now, you had given Asher a new Hufflepuff colored beanie since Snape took away his last one. Then you sent Bosco a bunch of different fireworks and confetti bombs that you had put together yourself.

Changing into a clean pair of black pants and a white button up shirt, tucking it in, you grabbed your coat, scarf, gloves and new boots and ran out the front door to enjoy a day outside in the snow.

~later, around 2:00~

You strolled into The Three Broomsticks and sat at the bar, ordering yourself a butterbeer and a plate of fish and chips.

When your order came you devoured it and may have seen a little fuzzy around the rims of your eyes as you walked out of the bar.

Stumbling home, you nearly run into Professor Snape until he puts his arm around your shoulders and leads you back to your house, making sure you didn't trip on anything.

Once the both of you got into your house, Snape brought you to your bedroom which was thankfully on the first floor and you finally spoke.

"Ohhh.....ello...Professsshhherrr.....Shnape.....Happy Chrishhhhmursh!"

"You're drunk, go to sleep."

He finally managed to get you to fall asleep and he left your house, making sure he had enough time to brew a potion.

~once you wake up 2 hours later~

There was a throbbing pain in your head as you sat up and looked around with your hand holding your forehead.

"Have you...been here the whole time?" you asked when you noticed Snape in the chair you had in the corner.

"No, drink this." he hands you a glass vial with some sort of potion in it, not caring what it was at the moment, you drank it and felt the throbbing start to go away.

"You didn't have to do this, it was a waste of your time."

He shakes his head and takes the empty vial back from you. "Foolish girl, it's my job to keep my students away from harm, that's the only reason I did it."

You noticed that your coat was hung on the back of the door as well as your scarf, your boots were underneath the chair Snape was sitting in, and your gloves were on the dresser.

"Now I only have one question that you should answer in return. Why were you at The Three Broomsticks, ordering drinks, I'm sure they have a law against it." the potions master questioned.

"That's every Christmas for me, I haven't got much else to do now do I?"

Once again he shook his head and sighed. "Whatever, just don't do that again any time soon. That's all."

With that, he got up to leave but you stopped him. "Let me make dinner for you to take home, as a thank you."

Knowing he wouldn't be able to leave otherwise, you made him dinner, and he left with it.

Well, this'll be number one on my best Christmas list.

((:3 I feel like I did good on this chapter! Make sure to recommend this story to your friends, your enemies, your co workers, anybody, thanks for the support! Adieu!))

((P.S- I enjoy reading comments *nudge, nudge*))