xx6xx

Tyler's speed was unmatched. I had never traveled so fast yet when we stopped, it was as if we hadn't moved at all. Now in the penthouse, I let go a sigh of relief while Tyler held onto me. Immediately, he stepped away and searched my eyes. That's when I felt my head throb. He removed his arm around my waist, but kept the one supporting my neck.

"How's your head?" he asked while slowly removing his hand. I saw black spots and I blinked a few times before I fell backwards and sat on the couch. Tyler got me some medicine and water so I could get better faster. He waited with me until I felt better, which was longer than I thought. "If you're sure you're okay, I'm gonna go try to find Cheshire. He should be off the island by now."

"Be careful," I stammered, but then felt stupid. I cared about Tyler's wellbeing despite all he had done and it made me feel disappointed in myself instead of guilty. But still, whatever bond we did or didn't have made Tyler lightly grin over his shoulder.

"Sure; I'll try," he muttered before he was gone in a flash. Before I knew it, I was feeling my head throb no more, but being so anxious for the guys' return left fatigue on my body and caused me to fall asleep.

"Aspen," I heard. Then I felt my arm being shaken. I blinked as I woke and saw the blue eyes of Cheshire above me. "Aspen, thank God."

"What's going on?" I asked, sitting up and noticing his alarmed state.

"Nothing..." he feigned after a slight frown and a few blinks. "I just...I kept remembering Alice and leaving her here and hiding from the Agency and—"

"It's okay," I said, putting my hand on top of his. He looked down and then nodded after a while. I wondered if I seemed as heartbroken as his one look to me portrayed. "So what happened?"

"Well I had to get out of Alcatraz and I was rushing here so I could find out what Tyler was going to tell you and why you needed to make a stop before D.C., but I didn't know you'd be asleep and Tyler would be gone," he explained.

"Yeah, I concussed, I guess, while Tyler took me back," I said in a yawn, but then realized what he had said near the end. "What do you mean Tyler's missing?"

"He's gone," he said. "I know he's not looking for me, so—"

"He said he was."

"—well I'm here and he's not so maybe he's looking in the wrong places," Cheshire suggested. "Either way, we gotta get out of here. I thought we had to leave Alcatraz because some Agency guys got there, but once I got out, I don't think any of them were actual officers after I saw how poorly they took in their surroundings because I didn't need any of my powers to get out. Anyone really from the Agency has my face memorized."

"So then why are they a problem?"

"Because novices who try to act like professionals tend to draw attention to themselves," he said, "and I don't want to be anywhere near them."

That made sense. Anyone trying to impersonate someone else will definitely draw attention because the original group will try to step in out of either offense or just plain pity. And anyone trying to impersonate anyone trying to get into Macintyre's Pre-Agency files would be no friend of ours.

"So where's Tyler?" he asked once more.

"I honestly don't know," I said.

"Good. We'll leave without him," he nodded before standing up. "Where did you want to go before D.C.?"

"Seattle," I answered. His face turned immediately.

"Why...?"

"I need to talk to Zaine's parents."